Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need Some Port Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay so I am building a box for a buddy of mine who wants to run a sundown e series V3 8 but wants to use an aero-port instead of the slot ported design that sundown gives since it is going in his extended cab truck and he wants to try fitting it under the seat so he doesn't loose any space. The only problem I am having is calculating what size port to use so that he gets his tuning without any port noise. Can someone please tell me what size port I need to use for a 35hz tuning with a box that is 14in high 19.75in long and 7.5in deep. Any help is greatly appreciated.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

I usually try to keep rear port velocity under 80ft/s or like 25m/s (seems to work for me). If you are running say 300 watts then you could get away with a 4" diameter port thats 34" long. That will put you tuned right about 35 hz. If you are running more power, like 500 watts then I would go with a 5" diameter port (if you can find one), the only problem is it needs to be like 55" long. (I used WinISD and the Torres Tuning Calculator to find this info)

Posted

he changed his mind on it. he is just going to run a 10 sealed.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Slot ports fit under the seat easily. I'm putting 2 sa8 v2 in mine with slot ports.

20140119_183014.jpg

So he could def do one 10 ported. Need moor bass

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

Posted

Slot ports fit under the seat easily. I'm putting 2 sa8 v2 in mine with slot ports.

20140119_183014.jpg

So he could def do one 10 ported. Need moor bass

just gotta keep showing off that sexy box eh haha

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

  • Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

Posted

he doesn't want much bass just a little low end fill. and he listens to alot of punchy music so he decided a sealed box. but ill keep that in mind if I decide to get one when I buy a new 4x4. Think an SUV though since I like alot of bass and don't really need the cargo room

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...