Jump to content

New to car Audio Need Help on a Comp Set


katastrophi

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, I have a 99 blazer I have a deh-80prs pioneer Head Unit. Im in the process of looking to purchase some component speakers for my truck. These are the comp. sets I've checked out and was wondering if anyone can possibly inform me of better ones or give me some advice im new to all of this. The amp I currently have is a Kicker kx 350.2, not sure if i'll need a new amp or not for the components however I think it should be more than enough power for any of these. I don't mind taking suggestions of other brands of comps or if I need a different amp etc. I currently don't have a sub or sub amp. Im looking to finish up the components first then ill start working on the subs/amps etc. Thank you all for your help and sorry for the wall of text.

*These are in no particular order just component sets I've looked at only her the hertz esk set at a local store sounded really nice but they were asking 370 without tax for the set, seems a bit pricey from what I've seen them go for online.

AMP I have kicker kx 350.2

1) JBL MS-62c

2) Hertz esk 165.5

3) Image Dynamics CTX65CS

4) PHD 6.1 AF

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRSSpeakers: Hertz esk 165l5<p>Amp: Soundqubed Q2-200
Posted

Great sounding speakers are not cheap by any stretch and well worth the investment made, if your willing to wait a bit longer and up the budget a bit i would get the hertz hsk's. The hsk line is awesome and well worth the price as people will tell you, you will hear things in music you have never heard before with lower quality lines of speakers.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Between the choices you have listed i would go with number 2 first and number 1 as my second choice, as both brands make excellent speakers that sound great and handle the power given to them very well.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

^I Do audio for a living, sound engineer at a staging company. Just my first time messing with car audio about how much are the hsk's and when will they be released? And is there a spec. sheet or something I can look at for these hsk's? Thanks much for your fast response.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRSSpeakers: Hertz esk 165l5<p>Amp: Soundqubed Q2-200
Posted

They run close to $450.00 a set i think as i don't have a dealer near me close enough to go to.

http://elettromedia-usa.com/hertz/hi-energy/system/hsk-165

This is just for a reference as they are not an authorized dealer.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9612-hsk-165-hertz-65-2-way-hi-energy-component-system.aspx

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

Thanks Skullz, I really appreciate your input. Im going to keep looking around for now Thanks again for the fast response and advice I really appreciate it a lot.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRSSpeakers: Hertz esk 165l5<p>Amp: Soundqubed Q2-200

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1376 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...