Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

(2) 15" HCCA trunk build NEED HELP!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Changed to 37W, is ok now. As it has been pointed out sometimes the trunk lid will not close a detailed mock up will tell you if this is the case, sometimes the hinges will hit the box, sometimes the lid will hit the rear end of the box. Lastly this will work subs/port firing forward.

Posted

Wow dude....can't thank you enough...I'm going to try and get a exact mock up done Sunday before the Superbowl...as long as the PBR's are cool with that. But, when I cut my front baffle pieces they will be 4 separate boards right?

Posted

Yes 4, as shown in the figure those would be:

2 x Front: 15 1/2" x 15 1/2"
2 x Front Internal : 14" x 15 1/2"

And the port:

2 x Front to Back: 12 1/4" x 15 1/2"

Posted

Ok...finally got around to doing the mock up....mandatory overtime all last week...so I wanted to get as close to the real thing as possible so I went to Lowes and picked up 2 sheets of 3/4" insulation board and started cutting...this box takes up every last bit of space and will definitely need to be built inside the trunk....now I know if I go smaller it won't be the "optimal" size I would like but when weighing pros and con's I think it would be smarter for me to go with a bit smaller of a box and be able to construct it outside..its a daily driver and if I lose a db or so I would be o.k. with that....any input/ideas? Should I just suck it up and build it in the trunk?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2615 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...