Second Skin Audio

99 Infiniti I30 TRunk BoX

Desousa93

baisc ideal... cant do center port because it will hit the sub

1511509_10151938606213549_969669219_o.jp

ported (double the port area) tuning will be high but shrink it with testing to get it where you like

971914_10151938606268549_675681063_n.jpg

sealed (mount sub reverse)

1622061_10151938606263549_558894332_n.jp

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

that box looks sick but im trying to port it thru the center armrest.

somwthing like this very rough sketch lol.. bandpass.jpg

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

i just modeled this in winisd.. its peaky but would it sound good on the lows?

1st one is 2.0 ported 1.5 cubed

second one is 1.5 ported and 1.5 cubedbandpassxcon45hz.jpgxcon1_1ratio.jpg

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

its going to be hard to port though the center and get the box to work properly and honestly that sub would most likely rather be in a regular ported box

whats hard about it? the sub hitting the port?

why does the sub always go into the ported section ? it cant go in the sealed section?

and do you use google sketchup for your 3d models?

sub goes in the ported section so you can smell it before something goes drastically wrong... its just insurance.. it can go in the sealed but i personally would never run a 4th with the motor in the sealed section lot of people do it though... you can also do an external port but then your seats will have to be down all the time

yes i use sketchup

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

sub goes in the ported section so you can smell it before something goes drastically wrong... its just insurance.. it can go in the sealed but i personally would never run a 4th with the motor in the sealed section lot of people do it though... you can also do an external port but then your seats will have to be down all the time

yes i use sketchup

You're right. However, I'm sure you coulld face the motor side into the sealed section. I just believe the sealed section should be a little bigger than recommended size.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

yes i use sketchup

You're right. However, I'm sure you coulld face the motor side into the sealed section. I just believe the sealed section should be a little bigger than recommended size.

how much bigger if the sub displaces 0.17 cuft

Archived