Second Skin Audio

99 Infiniti I30 TRunk BoX

Desousa93

Would it be okay to say open up the armrest hole to fit a 10" xcon in the opening then port thru the back dash?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

this is for a 12" xcon ported with the port up thru dash sub back.

with that airspace i could do a single 15" cuz it says optimal is 4 cuft? am i right?

xcon12ported.jpg

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

I still think porting up through the dash and having the sub back is not going to be what you want to do. Either face them both forward and seal it off, or face them both back.

The problem with going up to a 15" is you need a lot more port. For a 15" you would want 2 6" ports, and those are going to take up too much volume of your box so you won't have enough internal volume for the sub to be happy. Really with the size of you have a 12" is probably going to be best. For that matter I think you are going to want more port for the 12". WIth one 6" aero port you get 28 sq in of port area. I think you should be closer to 40 sq in., SSA recommends 37 sq in. The 6" aero would probably work, but it wouldn't be best.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Box building is a bitch isnt it! I have been following your topic with interest because i have the same problem except my box is already built and i f'ed up when i built it 2 yrs ago. System upgrades are all in and now i have to do a tear down to get a better tuned box in. So dont be like me! LOL Do it right the first time. You have some great help here, i know its hard to pick a direction and just go with it.

I have 1 T1D212 in a box tuned to 47 hz with 2 4" Aero Ports, problem is i have very limited space in trunk and max box inside is like 3.91 cu ft. I wanted to port thru rear deck where speaker cuts are but probly end up 2 T1D212s sealed off a T1500.

I will be tuned in for what your going to do. Good luck sir!

What would u do for the port? Can round ports bend inside the box?

Yes you can bend round ports. If you make them from PVC pipe you can just get an 90 degree elbow and use that.

I typically use slot ports for my builds, not because they are better, but because I don't need any extra materials and I can make them exactly the size I want. Round ports are slightly more efficient than slot ports of the same port area, but once you have to put bends in a round port to get it long enough slot ports become much easier to implement.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Ya and if you run Precision ports or other companies that make them they dont make bends for the that i know. I like my flared ports but with my limited room for a box and what i want probly go sealed. Right now i have gotton burned out on designing and thinking about it. Plus bummed at myself for not addressing it before last upgrade that have to be pulled. Don't be like ME! lol

I got a friend who does box building as part of his business. Do u think $200 for a carpeted ported box built however I want a good price?

I got a friend who does box building as part of his business. Do u think $200 for a carpeted ported box built however I want a good price?

Yeah that's not an unreasonable price.

Builds:

Archived