avenged4life Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Ok I was thinking about changing my sound system and just had a general question If I run 2 subwoofers in series how do I set gain appropriatly with a DMM Lets use the new alpine type r for example... If I run 2 of the 1000w rms apline type r in series at 2 ohm do I set the gains as 1000W(2)X2? so that it comes out to sqrt of 4000 (63.25) ? or do you set it as if it were a circuit so 1000w X 2 = 2000... sqrt of 2000 = 44.72 ? Which one is correct? Ok let me better ask this question, will the subs handle 2k watts in series or 1k watts.... Is it like a current where the power is straight through or is it sharing it amongst the 2 subwoofers when run in series
Noel989 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Oscope or dd1 Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
avenged4life Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 Oscope or dd1 Im asking with a dmm .... thats what I have available lol
crispy_chick3n Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 dmm wont set an amp to not clip. you need a o-scope or a dd1 to properly set your gain. if you dont have one of those, go here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137758-smd-audio-tools-map/ and see if there is someone near you with one of those This page is crispy_chick3n approved. © crispy_chick3n inc
youngbass98 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 You set it using the rated amount on the amp, not anything to do with the amount of subs 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
avenged4life Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 Ok let me better ask this question, will the subs handle 2k watts in series or 1k watts.... Is it like a current where the power is straight through or is it sharing it amongst the 2 subwoofers when run in series
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.