Hald821 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 -Im building a box for my 03 jeep wrangler. i have 2 12" sundown sa-12s. I want the box to be ported but i dont have enough room for the manufaturer specs of 4 ft^3. -I would like for the box to use aero tubes because that is the only way i think i can make it work. -I would like the box to be tuned to 34hz -Im working with an front slanted box with the dimensions of: -Topdepth: 6" -Bottom depth: 10" -Height: 20" -Width: 35" -The depth required by the subwoofer is 6.5" -and the subwoofer displacement is .14ft^3 If anyone can help me out with the design please reply. thanks for your help.
CleanSierra Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 You have 2.33 cubes before sub or port displacements. You have room for one of those subs, and barely. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Hald821 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 So do you think going with a sealed box would be a better option? The subs only require 1ft^3 each in a sealed enclosure. However I have read that the sundown sa-12s are not the greatest in a sealed enclosure
CleanSierra Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 You could try them in a sealed box and see how they do. You have JUST enough airspace to do that. Is this a soft top jeep? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
RooTxBeeR Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 So do you think going with a sealed box would be a better option? The subs only require 1ft^3 each in a sealed enclosure. However I have read that the sundown sa-12s are not the greatest in a sealed enclosure from what I seen they rock sealed. They are great for 4th orders and those go off of sealed specs. I would say do one ported and On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Hald821 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 I don't have room for the manufacturer specs on a ported box.
Hald821 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 I think I'm going to go with a sealed box. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to bump my width up to 35.5 and my height to 21 just to get as much air space as i can.
Hald821 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 I think I'm going to go with a sealed box. I'll let you guys know how it sounds. Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to bump my width up to 35.5 and my height to 21 just to get as much air space as i can.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.