stroupe79 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 wanted to get a bit of feedback on an enclosure design, it is a 4th order roughly 2/1 ratio for an Obsidian 18v2 running on 600rms the drawing is just to get the basic idea of the design, the thinking was to raise the port so that most of the port were not blocked by the seat http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
mrd6 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 I'd shrink port area if I were you. Keep you tuning where you want it mid 40s but get down to under 100sq inches. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
zayres29 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 yeah thats a TON of port for one 18 Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
stroupe79 Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 thanks guys, I had another mockup with around 85-90inches of port... if I drop the width and depth of the port to 6 each I get down to 87inches @45hz http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
mrd6 Posted January 31, 2014 Report Posted January 31, 2014 I like that one much better lol My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
zayres29 Posted January 31, 2014 Report Posted January 31, 2014 Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
stroupe79 Posted January 31, 2014 Author Report Posted January 31, 2014 any other feedback? http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
mrd6 Posted January 31, 2014 Report Posted January 31, 2014 I like it otherwise. I think 3 cubes sealed may be on the large side but it's easy to shrink if you need and it may workout that 3 cubes is perfect anyways. If it were me I'd get to building! My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
stroupe79 Posted February 1, 2014 Author Report Posted February 1, 2014 I was going with 3cubes due to running at only 600w...I need to get a cutsheet together and then it won't be long! http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.