Second Skin Audio

Torres Calc Way Off? Please Help

wetapoo

The calculator uses internal dimensions so when you increased the 1" it moved within the 3.5" port width, changing it to make the bend around the corner.

The 10" mark is where you would make that corner using 3/4" mdf allowing it to maintain the port width.

that would only make the port go back 11.5 inches not the 12.5 that I need to make my port 3.5 inches where it turns.

So your saying I need to cut my port board to 10x16?

I had something else i was thinking when i posted about the port being 10" long, so it is not correct for the port length.

If you are able to play with the box size to increase the depth and lower the height and/or change the length to get the port to where you need it, that is another option to try out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I had something else i was thinking when i posted about the port being 10" long, so it is not correct for the port length.

If you are able to play with the box size to increase the depth and lower the height and/or change the length to get the port to where you need it, that is another option to try out.

If the caculator if wrong why would I want to keep using it lol........

I want the port length to be at 25 in Torres ...............

I just need to know how to make my cuts now that I'm totally confused......

Anyone else want to put in there 2 cents I really need help lol

In your second picture, does it say that the port bends next to your arrow for physical port length?

If the answer is yes, then you have to do it manually as the calculator is not set up for cut sheets that complex.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

In your second picture, does it say that the port bends next to your arrow for physical port length?

If the answer is yes, then you have to do it manually as the calculator is not set up for cut sheets that complex.

Do you know if the calculator will still be accurate if I have the port bend?

Are there any other calculators?

You're over thinking it. For simplicity sake say your box is 20 deep. Internally it is actually 18.5 inches deep to account for wood thickness. If you have a 4 inch wide port you'd do 18.5 minus 4. You have to do your internal depth minus port width. That number is as deep as your primary port wall can be. However much left over port you need will have to bend.

You're over thinking it. For simplicity sake say your box is 20 deep. Internally it is actually 18.5 inches deep to account for wood thickness. If you have a 4 inch wide port you'd do 18.5 minus 4. You have to do your internal depth minus port width. That number is as deep as your primary port wall can be. However much left over port you need will have to bend.

And since the port is measured at the center your port will be measured from the front all the way to the back minus half the port width. So for the example above. 18.5-4 is 14.5 but add .75 for one baffle and 2 inches to the back before the turn and a physical port of 14.5 is actually port length of 17.25. Then if you add a turn you are adding on the other side of the wood so measuring from the center again you have 2.75" before even starting the second part of the physical port. So a port of 21" in this scenario would be a 14.5 piece and a 1" piece.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived