Second Skin Audio

SPL Box Design Alpine 5th gen type r 12D2

Whats going on my friends?

I have tried searching through the thread on my question and have found one link that is almost a year old and not sure if anyone besides me has happened to come across it. I posted on there but since the thread has been dead for so long, I am sure that it wont be seen for sometime.

My question, I am looking for a good design that will give me nasty loud lows and give good spl. As the title says, those are the subs I am running. I know these subs can achieve decent levels as i had a set back in 96 @ 500Rms each on a gothic 1600 bridged and nailed 142.2. All in a full size custom van.

I am working with a set of 12D2 @ 2ohm on a mrx m240 and you can take a look at my pictures and see how it looks... i have my old m1000 in the pics and have redone the wiring so a new pic will be posted soon showing what it looks like now. ( Before you say anything.... I will be getting rid of the Cap as it is useless for my current setup)

I would like to keep the subs facing up, and have thought of inverting them as well if it wont totally kill SPL... but I would also like to vent on the drivers side... Either up or to the front... again.... which ever would be better to achieve decent numbers at the meter. I am going to be mounting two kinetic 2400's with it so my measurements will change from what i thought i was going to be able to use... as for now these are the dimensions i have to work with. i have 62.5" side to side. 18" tall and 20" front to back... i am looking for something that will get low and nasty...

I am not sure the dimensions of the 2400 so if anyone knows.... please throw in a bone so i can get a better clue of what siz my box is going to be. i could get the smaller 600 or 800 and maybe mount them in the side panels under my xcab windows but still i dont have dimensions and with the power i will need on my m240 i think either of those would be a waste... or should i just mount 2 1200's under my hood and bump up to a 300 amp alternator and call it good?

I have done some smaller builds and never had to worry about the things that i am doing now so bare with me on it... I am not completely noob when it comes to wiring.. as i never let anyone else ever install my equipment... just looking for assistance on a box design and maybe placement of secondary batteries and maybe the best way to fuse them to prevent damage to my subs and amps.

Thanks everyone!!!

Alpine Type R 12D2 (2) Vented Tuned 39.5Hz

Alpine MRX-M240

Alpine Type R 6.5 Component

Alpine Type S 4x6 Coaxial

Alpine MRP-F300

Alpine IVA-W505 HU

Alpine NVE-P1 NAv

so you want a box build? post in the sub/enclosure section. I'm running type rs myself 5th gen. in a 5.6 cubic foot tuned to 30hz

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

so you want a box build? post in the sub/enclosure section. I'm running type rs myself 5th gen. in a 5.6 cubic foot tuned to 30hz

How does it sound? what kind of vehicle you running it in and what power are you putting to them at what ohm range?

Alpine Type R 12D2 (2) Vented Tuned 39.5Hz

Alpine MRX-M240

Alpine Type R 6.5 Component

Alpine Type S 4x6 Coaxial

Alpine MRP-F300

Alpine IVA-W505 HU

Alpine NVE-P1 NAv

Archived