Will a h/o alt make subs hit harder?

yup and that pic is a side view pic

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

As far as the Alternator goes the answer is absolutely it will help but I also agree with box is equally important. Most amps drop 20% or so in output from 13.8 to 12 volt readings... so think about the drop in output at 10 volts. Efficiency also drops substantially once you go below 11 volts so you are not getting close to what the amp is capable of producing. A good stereo system always must start with plenty of power... As far as box goes the woofers can only work as efficiently as the enclosure or environment they are mounted in. So start upgrading those two werever your budget allows and you will see a gain. -Chris

www.c2audio.com

Car Stereo LLC

5462 Mahoning Ave.

Youngstown, OH 44515

330-953-0331

Hours: Mon-Fri 9-5 est

I wouldn't say it would be a noticeable amount of "hitting harder". a h/o alt would just make the system run more efficiently by providing the adequate amount of current necessary for the amp to run as efficient as possible. Granted a h/o alt will probably hold the voltage more steady at 14+ than a stock will so I suppose you could say there is a difference. Its well worth the upgrade, both for your system and the car.

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

After i installed my alt, i went from dropping to 12.5 to hold 14's. I think it was louder, but here is the kicker, my car was down for 4 days during the install. I had to work 2 days of that, one day was removal before the weather got shitty, then the last day was spent making a bracket and installing.

That being said, not listening for 4 or 5 days would of course trick my ears and then the old Placebo effect kicks in.

Was I actually louder? Maybe on a meter. Was it noticeable to the ear? Maybe, maybe not. But i do feel a lot better about the longevity of my equipment and batteries now.

yeah its definitely more of a precautionary step to take just to insure that your car and your equipment doesn't wear out from abuse running at low voltage.

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

Archived