Few questions before I order new mids/highs

Amart88

Well I'm about to order my mids/highs for my front stage.

I'm getting (1) pwx 8 (1) pwx 6.5 and (1) ft1 tweeter PER door. (2 front doors)

How much power sould I give the ft1's? I don't know if I should get 4 or 8 ohm. They will each be on there own channel, with the ft1 crossovers. If the amp did 75w per channel @4 ohm I think that would be a bit much? Could I get the 8 ohm ft1's to run at 8 ohm per channel for less wattage?

I plan on running (1) 8 and (1) 6.5 together on a channel at 2 ohms. (about 75w a piece) Would this be ok to do seeing how they are different sizes?

Thanks. :)

I dont think it will matter about the mids being different sizes. they will both be at whatever freq crossover point you set the amp too though. As far as power its ok to run a little high must make sure its clean then back down little bit. I run a set of focal 165 K2P and a set of 165 KBE giving them about 125 each when they are rated at 100. I just tuned my amp with a dd-1 and then back it down a little more but have had no problems with the extra power. *just my thought though.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

I agree only con to wiring the 6.5 and 8 together is they would be playing the same frequencies.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I dont think it will matter about the mids being different sizes. they will both be at whatever freq crossover point you set the amp too though. As far as power its ok to run a little high must make sure its clean then back down little bit. I run a set of focal 165 K2P and a set of 165 KBE giving them about 125 each when they are rated at 100. I just tuned my amp with a dd-1 and then back it down a little more but have had no problems with the extra power. *just my thought though.

Yep, I will be using the dd1 to set gains.

I agree only con to wiring the 6.5 and 8 together is they would be playing the same frequencies.

Yea, I understand. I just don't have the room for 2 8's that's why Im doing the one 6.5

It's always open to change in the future. My main thing is what ohm to get the super tweets in. I don;t want to run them with much power. I hear they are really loud even on low power. I was just wondering how much power they would get at 8 ohms if the amp does 75 at 4.

The nendo crossovers are 12db slope at 5k.

Archived