Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2- 15" Fi BL sub enclosure HELP.


jake297

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello I'm new to this site but heard I could get some really good help on here. I would like to pay someone to help me get a ported box layout for my truck(silverado ext cab). I have all the dimensions its just I cant figure out my port sizes.--- my boxes exterior dimensions are 58"long x 24" tall x 24" deep.- subs facing up and 1 single port facing up. I want it tuned at near 30hz as ill be playing mostly c&s dubstep and decaf .ill be using .75 Mdf all around and 1.5 on the sub face.

If my box dimensions are too big for the subs then I guess I need to smallen up the box a tad if so just from the height and depth . I had 16 cuft with those dimensions. I heard I only need around 10..? Aggghhh please help

Posted

Can anyone come up with a design with the subs facin up and the port facing up? Looking for a slot port behind the subs or in between them but what ever works I'm looking for 32hz tuning :-)))

Posted

It may take a little longer than 24 minutes to get a response. Just sit tight and someone will help you I'm sure of it.

Posted

I have a single BL 15 tuned to 33Hz. I'm not home but when I do get there I'll look up my exact box specs that way you can get an idea of port size and draw something up on Torres for you.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

How many times are you going to make the same thread??

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

the fourth just beat me to it lol. apparently two right now. maybe if he doesn't get the answer he wants to hear then maybe a third lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

@ The fourth: you don't understand man. My wood and table saw is in the garage ready to lay down some cuts and well I've yet to get the information I need. I've gotten some help from jow thank god with his box design, I just want a couple other opinions before I lay down the saw!:-) thanks man and sorry to seem like I'm spamming or what ever 0_~

Posted

What you need to do is just add a divider in the box to eliminate some of the volume, since it's not all needed.

JoeX already gave you a good design that will work but you said it won't work.

Have you glued the existing box that you have so far? Why didn't you ask for help before building the box you have now without a port in it?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...