KillaCam Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 Designing a box takes a lot of time and work. Look around at some build logs to get ideas. Then get yourself a pencil and lay it all down on some graphing paper. My box is built to specs for BL 12's, link is in my sig. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
jake297 Posted February 6, 2014 Author Report Posted February 6, 2014 -Thanks guys for the input appreciate it. ***No I haven't built the box yet .those were just my maximum dimensions for a box that would it in my truck . I like joes design but I'm looking for some other opinions/ideas
jake297 Posted February 6, 2014 Author Report Posted February 6, 2014 @clean Sierra - you wouldn't be able to have a divider in that design because then you would a seperate port for each sub
jake297 Posted February 6, 2014 Author Report Posted February 6, 2014 Looking for a slot port design see how that differs from Joes L port design at 10cuft
Guest Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 Looking for a slot port design see how that differs from Joes L port design at 10cuft the only things you can vary from a slot port box is the size of the box and the dimensions of the port. you want 10 cubes, okay, aroudn 140sqin of port. play with port dimensions til you get that and the tuning you want. you literally will not know which box design will be best without building every single one and testing them individually. just because "that one" looks nicer, doesnt necessarily mean it will perform better.
Guest Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 @clean Sierra - you wouldn't be able to have a divider in that design because then you would a seperate port for each sub not necessarily.
jake297 Posted February 6, 2014 Author Report Posted February 6, 2014 @ kranny. thanks man, I don't have any o the computer software and I am unable to download it . So that's why I'm looking for some help.-(like what joe did with Torres and came up with the cut sheet)
CleanSierra Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 I was saying a divider to completely separate a section. I'm not taking about individual chambers for the subs, but one common one. I was only saying using a divider to completely take part of the airspace out of the equation. Joe's design was fine. I could design one bit it wouldn't be much different than Joe's Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Guest Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/ free. read the entire first post to understand the program and how it works.
jake297 Posted February 6, 2014 Author Report Posted February 6, 2014 I'm unable to use that program unfortunately because I have no pc...only a phone :/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.