envoy2002 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 I have a 97 Dakota x cab. I was wondering if anyone has built a 4th order for 2 10s? If so can you help me with a cut list and drawing? And positioning of the port and so on. I know with 2 12s sealed it player better sub forward. I just can't afford to burn thru mdf for trial and error. The 10s are Orion xtr pro
zayres29 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 4ths are all about trial and error Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Rich Schenk Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 best bet is to pay someone to design it for you then build it. or if you have the money have someone build it for you. On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
envoy2002 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 I've got the basics.lol I've just never done a 4th order. I'm looking mainly if someone has a proven design for a Dakota, I just don't have the 300+ to pay someone to do it. Need advice not discouragement.
envoy2002 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 I've got the basics.lol I've just never done a 4th order. I'm looking mainly if someone has a proven design for a Dakota, I just don't have the 300+ to pay someone to do it. Need advice not discouragement.
CleanSierra Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 I can tell you this, port area is king when it comes to a bandpass 4th order. It's always good to have a BUNCH of port first and then you can shrink it as you go if needed. Keep in mind also, the only place you're getting your output from is THROUGH that port, so it helps if it's a good enough size. The sealed chamber in a 4th order bandpass is what determines how low you'll play and the ported chamber dictates where your high end rolloff will occur. Tuning too could potentially make your bass rolloff pretty soon and force your mids to pickup the slack. That leads to needing a STRONG mid stage. I'm curious, just for my own understanding, why are you wanting to do a 4th order bandpass? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
envoy2002 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 Not sure where my reply went but I have a buddy that brought it to my attention that all my builds have basically the same since 97. So I'm trying to change it up some. That's also why I bought 10s this time and not 15 or 18s. Mid life crisis maybe lol
CleanSierra Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 No worries, I just wanted to know. It seems like the sexy trend lately is to want to run a 4th order bandpass and half ohm wiring. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
envoy2002 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 Lol yea my buddy is into them hot and heavy lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.