Jump to content

Are wiring harness interchangable?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just don't know.

I want to switch out a sony with a jvc that I bought for my boat and already removed it. Do I need a jvc wiring harness, or are they universal so I can just swap out the head unit without having to re-wire?

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

Posted

almost every vehicle I have had used a different harness so I would say no but I could be wrong. I know with the pioneer head units not all the harness's are the same either so I doubt you could use a sony on a jvc or vis versa. just my opinion though. I am not 100% sure on it though.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

pulled it out and no match. wishful thinking i guess. headed over to ebay.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

Posted

You were onto something there was a period of time that the sony and jvc devices had the same exact pinouts.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1620 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...