Second Skin Audio

SQ Dual Ported SA 12 Box

SQL50

I need some advice and recommendations. Later on I want to get two SA 12s, and their around the $200 margin. To me that's pretty expensive. So I want a enclosure that's going to let these subs go to their potential, otherwise that's just throwing money away. I want the smoothest sound possible, but at the same time I want the spl. The box will go in a blazer, and I like a variety of music. It could be anywhere from rock & country to rap. I had a Rockford P3 15 in a L Port tuned to 35 hz & it sounded pretty good. I know that's the sundown recommended specs to tune to, but what tuning frequency, airspace would most likely suit me the best? I was thinking after port, sub, and wood displacements about 2 cu^ft tuned to 32 hz in a same airspace box. What do you guys think & suggest would give me the best blend of sound quality and loudness? Btw I hate it when a low note hits and all I hear is muddy, sloppy bass that just sounds like wind blowing out of the port. So hitting lows, and getting highs is a must have, if possible. That would be pretty sweet. Thanks in advance.

If you want cleaner output go for the smaller net within the recommendations, that in turn reduces efficiency so I think I would do 2 sa-15s in 3 cubes each, that would get both clean and loud, that is if you can spare the space.

Archived