Sundown Audio

Two different amps. Same subwoofers?

mmotux

I would but that's just me. Honestly I doubt it puts out near the 200 its rated but just looked at the specs that's what I would do and save to get something a little better. At the end of the day its your best bet.

Alright thanks! I'll do it tomorrow! You actually gave me answers haha. Happy early Birthday! Thanks again!:)

So today I woke up and hooked up my Lanzar 220 to my W1v2-4 12's by JL Audio. I forgot the my lanzar's left channel is much more weak then the right channel. So using my lanzar vibe 220 is not going to happen. I hooked up my Dual XPR520 that I had going to my door speakers and it sounds better than the Koiiler amp. But like you people said i shouldn't do it cause I'll smoke the amp. I played it and waited but nothing happened. I had it bridged down to 2ohms and nothing. But is it causing unseen damage? Should I just say fuck it and use my Koiiler XM-6666 and wait to get a better amp? I am not sure.

hmmmm, if the amp (especially dual amps) aren't rated at 2ohm ms they will get hot. when they get hot they will fail! if i were you man(I've been where you are now! please trust me/us) sell your amps all of them run one whatever one you like the most. save up some money + what you get for your amps. anywhere between $150-$250 will get you a sweet Amp that's well over 1000w rms.

its like you want a Fast car, but you drive a honda civic. instead of selling it and buying a fast car your buying another civic and strapping them together. you won't go any faster your just wasting more gas. do you get what I'm saying?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

This thread made me chuckle. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I remember the days I was asking the same questions. The thing is, the internet was in it's infancy when I started messing with amps and subs. You have the internet now, which can provide mucho information that I did not have access to. The amps you have are very entry level. Sell them and go visit pawn shops and see what they have. I picked up a nice Pioneer DEH-P5000U for $40.00 for my BMW. Save up and try Ebay. I bought a used Crossfire VR1000D for $140.00 and it puts out 1000W @ 12.8V, unregulated power so it puts out more at 13.8V and 14.4V. Do yourself a favor and start looking.

Do you have $85.00 to spend??

-Frank

This thread made me chuckle. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I remember the days I was asking the same questions. The thing is, the internet was in it's infancy when I started messing with amps and subs. You have the internet now, which can provide mucho information that I did not have access to. The amps you have are very entry level. Sell them and go visit pawn shops and see what they have. I picked up a nice Pioneer DEH-P5000U for $40.00 for my BMW. Save up and try Ebay. I bought a used Crossfire VR1000D for $140.00 and it puts out 1000W @ 12.8V, unregulated power so it puts out more at 13.8V and 14.4V. Do yourself a favor and start looking.

Do you have $85.00 to spend??

1. MTX 2160 amp I can sell you. Class A/B True watts 300RMS @ 4Ohms@ 12.8V, 425RMS @ 4Ohms@ 14.4V

2. Memphis 16-500D, Class D 2 ohm stable 500W RMS @ 2Ohms @ 12.8V and @ 700W @2Ohms @ 14.4V.

Both are old school amps. The Memphis is missing one of the install feet, but there are still 3 there to bolt down.

Either one $85.00 shipped to get them out of my house.

Let me know.

-Frank

Just a heads up, you cant sell here till you have 750 posts. You should probably edit your post.

hmmmm, if the amp (especially dual amps) aren't rated at 2ohm ms they will get hot. when they get hot they will fail! if i were you man(I've been where you are now! please trust me/us) sell your amps all of them run one whatever one you like the most. save up some money + what you get for your amps. anywhere between $150-$250 will get you a sweet Amp that's well over 1000w rms.

its like you want a Fast car, but you drive a honda civic. instead of selling it and buying a fast car your buying another civic and strapping them together. you won't go any faster your just wasting more gas. do you get what I'm saying?

Hahah I gotcha man. What I did was just use the Koiiler amp and for some reason when i took out my distibutor block and doubled my ground cable it got louder:/ idk Lmao

Archived