Second Skin Audio

subs for reg cab truck

CodyLucente

so i am installing subs for my friend in his truck and he asked my which of the 2 subs he should get and i had no clue. So brands aside they are both 10's.

I have never owned a low profile sub before and don't know how they compare to regular subs. One was a shallow mount 250w rms and the other was a regular sub 150w rms both are in the same price bracket.

im leaving and other specs out because i don't want his to be an a vs. b thread but rather opinions on shallow mount subs and how they stack up to regular subs even with more power. SQ? and SPL wise?

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

my understanding is

There is nothing inherent in the designs of a shallow subwoofer that says it cannot produce output without distortion (sq). Where they differ is in the amount of stroke (x-max) that they have. They cannot travel forwards/backwards as a far as a typical non-shallow subwoofer. This can translate directly into less maximum output (spl). Please remember that this is in general only. There are some regular subwoofers with limited x-max, and there are a few shallow subs that have descent x-max. If one shallow sub doesn't give you enough output, add more subs.

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

All I can say is either the shallow sub is a cheap brand or the reg is very expensive for a 150rms

To both be the same price

The best way to get the most out of what he has

Is to measure what he has

Draw it up and post it

Put a price down and what amp he has to power it

Or a price for both amp/sub

Archived