Running two alts. Need advice.

Right but is there a way to enure they charge at the same point. Being that the stock would be ecm controlled?

Keep the factory alt on the under hood battery and run the h.o alt pos run to your trunk battery

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Again doing so would be pointless. Might as well go 16v. Your wasting stock alt power and the d3400 up front of you "separate" the 12v charging systems...

the problem with simply setting the external regulated alt to w.e voltage I read the stock unit is charging at is the ecm. What if the ecm decides to charge at cold start at 14.4v and once its warmed up it drops to 13.8v..

Now I have different sources. 14.4 and 13.8. = not good.

Both alts will likely have different field currents etc and I just want to know for certain that I wont risk damaging the ecu, either alt, or the ext regulator.

Now having the stock alt swapped to run on the external reg is the easy solution. But that money would be better spent on a h.o alt imo. Unless its cheap. Idk what that runs.

Option b is go 16v with the h.o alt. Stock runs the car. It will def work this way BUT id have to sell my xp3000 buy 16v batts. Sell my m3b and buy 16v capable amps..

Or c run only the h.o alt how it is now. Which is fine. But if I could make 2 alts work, why wouldnt you?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived