Rudemaxxx Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 Hey what's up. I'm rather new to the whole technical and actually learning side of car audio and I need some help figuring something out. First off, here's my set up: Subs: 2 Sundown SA-12's Amp: Memphis prx1.1000 Box: Ported tuned to 35hz (I believe) HU: Alpine CDE-HD148BT Speakers: Hertz 165's So with that being said, I recently got my new HU and speakers (upgraded from factory sh*t), but when i made the upgrade, my subs are only hitting the mid/high freq notes (bass but not like it used to be). Before I upgraded my HU and speakers, my subs could rumble low freq's really really loud and beautifully clear, but now they're punchy and hardly rumble at all. I assume this is something that was changed somewhere in my amp settings on my HU's x-overs are set for the front/rear 200hz and my sub at 31.5 or 40hz. Like I said, I'm new to this aspect of car audio and I'm not quite sure how to tune an amp or what I should change to make my subs rumble and hit low again. I listen to mainly rap and deep bass audio and I'm not too much of a fan for the punchy highs and mids (though i do like it when it slams at the lower ends). Sorry for asking this newby question and I hope someone has an answer to help me out! Welcome to my sig My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4: 2 Sundown SA 12's Sundown SAZ 1500d v3 Alpine CDE-HD148BT Hertz 165 Speakers Atrend Carbon Enclosure Stinger SPP925 Battery Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3 Legal 145.2 dB. Team Sundown.
Dude2800 Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 It may be a low pass setting on your hu. What hu did you get?
Rudemaxxx Posted February 11, 2014 Author Report Posted February 11, 2014 It may be a low pass setting on your hu. What hu did you get? Alpine CDE-HD148BT Welcome to my sig My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4: 2 Sundown SA 12's Sundown SAZ 1500d v3 Alpine CDE-HD148BT Hertz 165 Speakers Atrend Carbon Enclosure Stinger SPP925 Battery Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3 Legal 145.2 dB. Team Sundown.
Rudemaxxx Posted February 11, 2014 Author Report Posted February 11, 2014 I honestly haven't messed to much with the Low/High pass filters as I don't really know what the do in a technical sense. I know they allow a certain amount of sound through or something of that sort, but what's a general rule of thumb as to what it should be set at? Welcome to my sig My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4: 2 Sundown SA 12's Sundown SAZ 1500d v3 Alpine CDE-HD148BT Hertz 165 Speakers Atrend Carbon Enclosure Stinger SPP925 Battery Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3 Legal 145.2 dB. Team Sundown.
Dude2800 Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 Set your front HPF to 125, your rear HPF to 125 set your LPF to 125. And I'm not sure how to get to your subsonic cutoff but set it to 25 and see if that helps.
Rudemaxxx Posted February 11, 2014 Author Report Posted February 11, 2014 If the LPF is on 125 won't it play instruments and vocals from the subwoofer? Welcome to my sig My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4: 2 Sundown SA 12's Sundown SAZ 1500d v3 Alpine CDE-HD148BT Hertz 165 Speakers Atrend Carbon Enclosure Stinger SPP925 Battery Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3 Legal 145.2 dB. Team Sundown.
Dude2800 Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 No sub and some midbass. Set them at 80 if you would like. I just feel that my door speakers distort at with the high pass set that low. It's just a personal preference.
Dude2800 Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 Also there is a setting for turning your subwoofer on and off. Make sure it is on. A high pass filter only lets frequencies above that set point play. Low pass filter only let's frequencies below that setting play. And your subsonic cutoff is a setting that won't let your sub try and play below. Usually around 25 hz.
Rudemaxxx Posted February 11, 2014 Author Report Posted February 11, 2014 I'm thinking it might actually be my box. It's not hardly as big as Sundown recommends. Welcome to my sig My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4: 2 Sundown SA 12's Sundown SAZ 1500d v3 Alpine CDE-HD148BT Hertz 165 Speakers Atrend Carbon Enclosure Stinger SPP925 Battery Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3 Legal 145.2 dB. Team Sundown.
gally Posted February 11, 2014 Report Posted February 11, 2014 on alpine HU there is a button called Audio...hold that for a couple of seconds and it will give you options...go to Audio settings and then to Subwoofer...when you click it see if it is on ON... the other thing is you should check how you did you connect your RCAs cause not all alpineS have the same RCAs set in the same position 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.