Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sundown e8v3d2 vs at800.1


MACnonsence6

Recommended Posts

Posted

Bassbox will recommended ultra low tuned enclosures often. What does Sundown recommend, 34 or 35? Modeling is fine and dandy, but it isn't going to show you or predict in cabin response. I believe tuned at 28 Hz will rolloff before a lot of useable bass in the mid 30s. To me, a low end rolloff at 23 Hz is a waste on that sub. You just won't get the oomph from it I don't think. Bring the tuning up into what Sundown recommends, you'll get some useable bandwidth, much more that tuned at 28 Hz.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

how do you calculate cabin gain. off topic im doing a trunk wall in my neon with a pair of re destroyers looking to feed them 6-7k daily and this is the enclosure ive come up with with the help of some guys on caco. looking for your opinion on this?

66m6io.png

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Posted

What's a trunk wall? It's either a wall or a trunk build

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

trunk build is vaug . trunk wall being defined as its actually firing into the cab and sealed off. like mine. so its not one or the other there are variations

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Posted

calculating cabin gain is almost impossible, there are too many factors that go into play. in my honest opinion i would tune to 34-35 and i would go as par as to promise that it would sound good.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3199 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...