Second Skin Audio

sundown e8v3d2 vs at800.1

MACnonsence6

so i got my dad a sa eav3d2 for xmas for his camaro, thinking he would only run 1 well turns out he wanted another so he ordered another d2 last night. i got my hands on a good rf amp so i am giving him my lightly used at800 to run them.

so here are our options 400 rms @ 2 ohms or idk @ .5 over 1000 at 14 prolly.

what do you guys think? i dont think those 8s are gonna like 500 ea. this is going to be a sq build he listens to old like acdc and such that kinda era. and after looking at where he wants them to go and looking online just to guess it looks like with a glassed tub ill have over 3 cu to work with "86 camaro".

now ik ideally you would go with a larger box on lower power smaller on higher. but again this is a sq set up and i dont wana go with to small a box and loose my range of playable frequencys.

the alt on the car i think is a 130 depending on wich one he uses" going from the stock 305-350" planning on big 3 then ofc 4 to the back and prolly my kinitek 600 back there also. goal being no voltage drop. by that time i should have an o scope as well so setting gains shouldnt be the issue

thoughts opinions and advice.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

that was my idea also i gotta put the paramiters into bassbox pro and see what im looking at. what about .5 gain all the way down and then setting on the hu down low also that way there atleast getting rms maybe even slightly more clean

just put them in and this is what basspox pro says for 1 d2 in series.

for optimum

.8cu

fb 26.42

ql-7

f3-23.55

so a pretty small box tuned really low let me pull up a graph with a screen shot and see what you guys think

2czavdl.png

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

thats what the plan was anyway the reciever has 2.5v outputs so to match highest clean the gain would have to be pretty high. so i figured low gain and low sw settings on the radio and i should be alright

Your going to run the AT800 @ .5?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

ya

ill have more then enough electrical to back it up prolly wont even drop voltage at all

anyone have any insight on the box bassbox recomended

Those will sound great at 200-300 watts so I would just run the amp at 400 watts as stated and build a proper box. I think they will still sound plenty good on that power and with a proper box to seal the deal plus what he listens to all will be well, plus you won't stress the amp any extra or the subs.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The tuning is terribly low and will fall on its face in a vehicle cabin in the upper frequencies. You might have a few lows that you can see(not hear) and a few lows you can hear(not loudly) but I think it's asking too much of that sub to tune it that low.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

thats just what bassbox pro recomended for optimum vented. i just wanted you guys opinions. ima play around with modelling and see what else i can get and post. or go with sundowns specs. im still unsure as to what the glass tub will be total gross. the book for the at is 400 at 12v so perhaps i may see 600 in the 14 range.

Archived