Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ok. I got a hdc3 18.


Kojis_26

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay everyone that is saying the amp will surely fry at half ohm is full of it. Dont be an idiot and clip the crap out of it. Look, listen, smell and feel and you SHOULD be fine. If I could run my crunch gp3000d at .25 daily that brutus or whatever should do the job at half. Keep in mind, yes, there is a chance you will fry the amp if you drop to too low of a reactive impedence and the protection circuit doesn't engage. But its a risk one must take when wiring below stable impedence.

lol yea right, if youre serious what the fuck does it get hot as shit?

Posted

Okay everyone that is saying the amp will surely fry at half ohm is full of it. Dont be an idiot and clip the crap out of it. Look, listen, smell and feel and you SHOULD be fine. If I could run my crunch gp3000d at .25 daily that brutus or whatever should do the job at half. Keep in mind, yes, there is a chance you will fry the amp if you drop to too low of a reactive impedence and the protection circuit doesn't engage. But its a risk one must take when wiring below stable impedence.

lol yea right, if youre serious what the fuck does it get hot as shit?

Not joking even a little. I mounted a couple fans on it and it played like a champ. I had to be careful with anything over 45hz at full tilt though because it dropped under .75 reactive and the impedence protection kicked in.

For anyone not aware those gp3000ks are little monsters. Very comparable to the sundown 3k and AB 200.1with a few differences being fet alignment and mounting

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Posted

Okay everyone that is saying the amp will surely fry at half ohm is full of it. Dont be an idiot and clip the crap out of it. Look, listen, smell and feel and you SHOULD be fine. If I could run my crunch gp3000d at .25 daily that brutus or whatever should do the job at half. Keep in mind, yes, there is a chance you will fry the amp if you drop to too low of a reactive impedence and the protection circuit doesn't engage. But its a risk one must take when wiring below stable impedence.

lol yea right, if youre serious what the fuck does it get hot as shit?

Not joking even a little. I mounted a couple fans on it and it played like a champ. I had to be careful with anything over 45hz at full tilt though because it dropped under .75 reactive and the impedence protection kicked in.

For anyone not aware those gp3000ks are little monsters. Very comparable to the sundown 3k and AB 200.1 with a few differences being fet alignment and mounting.

Double post, sorry

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Posted

Lol. So. I have to run it at 2 ohm. To get half power or .5 ohm to get full and wires guide. For my sub. Jw. I got. The two. Pos ran to the amp and the two negs ran to the neg side of the amp. But I'm still runnin off my. 1400 watt crunch. 4 channel amp. I. Have to go back and wire it rite cuz it's under powered like a mofo. I'm thinkin on bridging two channels To the sub.

Posted

My buddy has that crunch 1400 running a single 're audio sex10 d4 and I can tell you that amp is not putting out very much power. Also we tried to bridge all 5 channels and it didn't work. You can only bridge 2 channels. Unless we did something wrong. He is replacing that amp with the CT 1400.1 I sold him. Way better amp.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3199 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...