Second Skin Audio

Need help designing a box for 4 sa 8v2's

Joshua Dumas

im going to try and seal off the trunk and stick 4 sa 8's in there. I have roughly 32 inches of width and 17 height. the length isnt really a big deal since i have basically the whole length of the trunk. Id say 2 ft max is what i want to keep it at.

this is what i have so far: 35iawec.png

2pt7510.png

i need help with the torres aspect. and id like some advice on just the whole build i guess.

thanks

Had 4 of those before there awesome. First try to space them out a little further in your design. I had mine pretty close like yours and it was a b*tch to get them in and out. Second your port dimensions make no sense. Google some stuff about port area and port area per foot it's not too tough to get the basics about. I don't know much myself but that would be my .02.

i knew the port dimensions were terrible and thats exactly why i posted this haha. i designed the first box i made but that was over a year ago and ive forgotten everything.

thanks for the input on the spacing though. thats exactly the kind of advice im looking for.

for power im going to eventually run it at 1 ohm off a q1 1200d. so about 1400 watts or so. how much did you run to yours?

Wish I could help more with the port for it but all I know is L ports. Regardless I'm pretty sure you want 12-16 sq inch for port area per foot.

Do it up 1400 watts should work great. You could get away with more I was putting roughly 2000 watts with no problems.

tune to 35 or a little below. they don't perform well tuning much higher than 35. I'm tuned to 33.

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

Archived