Re - 3.5 ohm

Fs - 25.65 hz

Qms - 3.552

Qes - 0,578

Qts - 0.497

Vas - 150.7 litres

Xmax - 15 mm

Sd - 12.5sq"

now if i did the maths right i take 25.65 and round it up to 26 and i will end up with this?

1130 / 26 = 43.46

then i guess i take the 43.46 devide it by 4 and end up with this?

43.46 / 4 = 10.86

so then if i'm right so far and i'm understanding it right i need 10.86Ft port length or if i round it up 11Ft?

now if i have done the above calculations right i guess i have worked out the below right

12.5 / 2 = 6.25

6.25 x 6.25 x 3.14 = 122.65

so i guess i take 122.65 and round it down to 120sq" of port area?

so my next question is how do i go about converting the 11Ft length and 120sq" of port area into a box?

make a port that's 7.5 x 16

then with your max dimensions draw something with this general shape

isotline1.png

and make it around your port dimensions

measure a line down the middle of the port and see how long it is

adjust until you get it to the right size

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

thanks 412 CVX

had a try at google Google SketchUp but my computer is playing up at the moment so will have to go old school with pen and paper.

so i guess my calculations to get the 11ft of port length and the 120sq of port area were right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I am designing a Dual T-line enclosure for a pair of DD-508b 8" subs which will be firing towards the front. This box is designed to fit in my 1999 Honda Prelude SH, and just about take up all of the trunk space. The box will be 12.5"H x 24"H x 46"W at the the rear/bottom of the box, and 12.5"D x 24"H x 29"W near the drivers and ports. The Fs= 37Hz, making the port length ~7.63ft or ~ 91.5", I have managed to come very close to that frequency at about 37.66 Hz. I only measured the length of the line and not the length to the driver, so it might be a little bit of a lower frequency then the Fs of the driver. But if you know DD subs, once they break-in the Fs tends to drop a little, so I foresee no complications as far as tuning goes. If it needs to be lower then I will utilize some damping material in the line to simulate a longer one. I didn't know the Sd of these drivers, but I have assumed(for the design) it to be around 33in^2. Which will yeild an 11"H x 3"W port. Let me know what you guys think.

The first pic is of just the right side, and the second pic is of the entire box internals with some measurements that aren't super exact since these are hand drawn.

DSCN3001.jpgDSCN3002.jpg

Did you change the design? I remember modeling one that looked like this

428088_238138279611816_101923673233278_490069_1296755771_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I did, I'm always trying to find the best design for my car, I am trying to get the most length out of the box to tune it correctly, or as close to the Fs of the drivers as possible. I have accomplished this with the most recent one. I also modified the model you made for me to maximize the space behind the drivers.

DualT-LineEnclosure.jpg

Archived