Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

if you can, fire it away from you, I dunno what it is about home acoustics, but t-lines like to reflect off a wall

Ive done lots of RTA's in cars, but only a couple in home, or in home environments

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Round 3.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tuned to 27ish hz (line is 10.5ft) with 78sq" of port.

i want one like that for my 2 10's but i dont think i have enough space in my van to do it in.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I built a box for a DD1508- 8" sub yesterday, delivered today, came out pretty sweet, ende up being a SQ box, it was amazingly flat for what I thought was going to happen. The sub was wired at 2ohms single (dvc 4ohm) And we tested it on my PG amp, you know the $99 special amp that cant take a 2ohm mono load? lol, So I was demoing the sub, and it sounded so nicely, and clean with rap, I went to rock, it was a little quieter, and noticed my xover was still down at like 40 hz or so, so I set that up to like 80hz, and turned the gain up a little bit

Boyyyy what a difference, sub started popping, and realized, Dohh, thats why I had everything turned down!- Clippage

So atleast this guy is going to run some old school Autotek amp, some 700 watt amp, not sure the model number, but stable well with 2ohms, unlike my little test amp....

But even just before clippage on a $99 amp, it sound good, and tuned to 35hz, it had a very nice low end presence involved, and thats all dude wanted, no hardcore bass, only presence of low end for SQ...

This is not a tline, or Horn, but didnt want to post some new thread on it, I dont have build pics, but I have the Sketchup design for it, which I built it very exacting to this design. It is a Horn loaded Ported box, or whatever the technical term for it is

its .95cf with a 18" long port, firing in to a horn- I also usually don't Kerf, but I said screw it

heres the pic's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

That last pic, you see that corner with a sanded down chip, man that pissed me off!!!

The round over bit chipped the corner, and I tried sanding it to disguise the chip, oh well, I had the wood on hand, didnt charge the guy much, so its what ya pay for right?

sundown.jpg

Looks so damn pretty.

How did you do your kerfing?

Guessed as always, like 1 cut every 5/16s so that there was almost a 1/4" gap between each cut , and the cuts continued on for about 6"

sundown.jpg

Thanks JMC, its sounded surprisingly good until amp clipping, I just needed a better quality amp, and after market deck for testing I could really use something like a Zed Minilithe for testing, or the Sundown 4 channel, the rear channels on the 100.4 have adjustable eq settings from 35-60 hz or something which makes testing on a small scale

sundown.jpg

Archived