Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I made and designed this box about 3 years ago, and after the 06' season, I got rid of my blazer, and threw it in the garage. I measured it wrong, and thought this whole time it was about 32- 34hz, but after some better calculations, I came to the realization its more towards 36hz

It still plays loud lowly with EASE!

I do have another blue printed project that will fit my Denali from side to side, about 1.5" taller, and about 8" deeper, same design, but a 18" in a 30 hz bandpass t-line. With what I'am seeing at only 350 w/rms now, I cant wait to see this box done and tested. I plan on getting either the Sundown 1200 ( or higher) on it, or try one of the Hellfire's out during tax time

I haven't metered it yet, but with the same sub I have in there now, and 1800rms, I did a 146.## music, and a 148 burp, I think now I' am doing a solid 142-143db at a pretty low frequency

Yeah i was wondering cuz Im working on a front loading horn for a Rockford PunchZ 10"

wow.. it took me two nites to read all 25 pages of posts... lol... awsome informantion... still have alot of questions tho... its a good thing i came across this topic before i started building my box. =D... im getting 2 RE SX 12" ...i definitely want to build a tline box... but im restricted with the amount of space i got to work with... im driving a 96' Toyota T-100 pickup... ill get some measurements and do some calculations... couple questions for you guys...

1. is a tline box for 2 12's gona be to large for my truck? or should i go for a single 12?

2. my amp coming in to power the SX's is USamps XT 4000D which is 1500w @ 1ohm... is that too much?

BTW... im more of an SPL guy.. i like the combination of both spl and sq that comes with a tline... and im still an ameture builder... but planing to join comp. eventually...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Thing is that I cannot tell you how the response will be...but I can try to design a rear loading horn for you...must wait till after christmas...I work everyday.

That's cool. Out of curiosity, what would you need to figure out the response? I wish I knew more about the design of this sort of box.

Isobaric usually has no power benefits in any application. The benefit is Vas is cut in half, so the box being used - Ported/sealed/bandpass can be smaller

In tlines, it adds extra low end from my experiences, and boxes I have designed for other people, its almost always the same response- Extra low end, a little more cancellation at higher frequencies, and below tuning, but at tuning, it gets down

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Isobaric usually has no power benefits in any application. The benefit is Vas is cut in half, so the box being used - Ported/sealed/bandpass can be smaller

In tlines, it adds extra low end from my experiences, and boxes I have designed for other people, its almost always the same response- Extra low end, a little more cancellation at higher frequencies, and below tuning, but at tuning, it gets down

So it would make it a one note wonder?

i am wanting to build a t-line but dont quite know what to do. i have 2 Atomic APSPL 12. Fs-37.67 Qes-.129 Qts-.126 Qms- 4.64 and Vas- 18.6. i would like to do a box 33wx15hx28d sealed off in a 97 honda accord. would i be able to do this or am i just dreaming. i compete in meca and would like to get some high spl out of my car. i have 2 2200 mono amps which are also atomic. will this work and what do i need to do to build it correctly. please help. thanks

Archived