Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

im looking at building a couple of these for hame theater towers and i was wondering if they still work well if used as mids?

i will be getting a set of jaycar 5" papercone mids, QMS is 1.414, QTS is 0.474 and QES is 0.717, the FS is 67.63hz which makes the tline 127.31cm

its my first home theater setup and the mids will probably play between about 60Hz and 2-3kHz, im thinking of using pvc to start with but im wondering if it would sound good playing so high?

can anyone answer this question?

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

• 2 weeks later...

how bout a type r 10.. would it perform good in an enclosure. cuz the squares dont perform well in a tline.. ran off a kicker zx750.1

alpine swr 1022d

Subwoofer Size 10"

Voice Coil(s) Dual (2 voice coils)

Impedance (per voice coil) 2 ohms

Peak Power Handling 1500 watts

RMS Power Handling 500 watts

Woofer Surround HAMR Rubber Surround

Woofer Composition Kevlar Reinforced Pulp

Sealed Box Volume 0.5 - 0.8 cubic feet

Ported Box Volume 0.6 - 1.3 cubic feet

Sensitivity 83 dB

Frequency Response 26 - 600 Hz

Xmax (millimeters) 18.2 mm

Top Mount Depth 6-7/8"

Cutout Diameter 9-1/8"

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

Got to build 3 boxes for my friends =) and they could'nt believe it.

Question: for example I have a driver with an FS of 35 and wanted to use it for spl/metering. what would be the optimal spl enclosure, a tline using the natural FS or a tline tuned to a high bass boost??

Best simple tutorial /guidelines on tlines ive read. I hope Forever could do some tutorials on horn loaded, tline bandpass, Tline with push/pull or some tline/4th order tri-chamber reflex combo. :db::search:

well hope someone can help me with my question!

Thanks and good day!

• 4 weeks later...

hey foreverbumpn sry i never got back to you on those custom 10's you were building.

if i can pull some money together i might buy 2 from you if you still have them since i finally got some power for them.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Got to build 3 boxes for my friends =) and they could'nt believe it.

Question: for example I have a driver with an FS of 35 and wanted to use it for spl/metering. what would be the optimal spl enclosure, a tline using the natural FS or a tline tuned to a high bass boost??

Best simple tutorial /guidelines on tlines ive read. I hope Forever could do some tutorials on horn loaded, tline bandpass, Tline with push/pull or some tline/4th order tri-chamber reflex combo. :db::search:

well hope someone can help me with my question!

Thanks and good day!

haha.. thanks... No I wont do any on horns. I just wanted to do the easiest box design, for the most output, with the least amount of power- so people know 140db is easy as taking a dump, with just about any amp, and a 145db is around the corner from there

As far as tline band passes, very possible to do one in the future....

Also I noticed starting the line off tight, and opening up- like a horn- works well on getting the average tline louder- has worked every time for me anyways

qu1ck: I have bunches, 6d, d2, and single 2ohm subs

just waiting on you ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

As far as tline band passes, very possible to do one in the future....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif that will be another sticky tutorial there ^_^

anybody in the forum got a sketch of 2 subs in a tline? i know for the subs to have the same lengths you just put the other sub on top of the other but the box will be higher. or do a push pull config. im aiming for a short box thats why i want them side by side. just my luck the pics on the tutorial got erased. :(

hey i drive a ford expedition xlt with the 3rd seat out. i was always under the impression that it's the subwoofer, not the box, that makes a system sound great. but after reading this thread, i had to pick my face up from off the floor. i'd love to try a t-line box, but i live on base, so i cant make it myself. is there someone in the eastern north carolina region that can help me out?

Corporal, USMC

hey is there anyonr on the eastern side of north carolina that can help me out? i live on base, so i cant make the box myself. i drive a ford expedition with the 3rd row taken out. also, would anyone have a recommendation on sub/amp? i now have two jl 13w3's and a hifonics bxi1606 amp.

Corporal, USMC

Archived