Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I have a question. Could I have the area of the line a little less than the cone area of the woofer? If I go with the setup I'm currently thinking about, I'd only be short by about 15 sq. inches.

I'd also be running it at more than it's RMS (but not by much).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Anyone?

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

if you have a bigger subs 12-15" sub, i dont see it being a problem.

Yeah, I was thinking (1) 12" sub off of about 3-400 more then it's RMS.

BTW, does anyone have any experience with a 12" in a Tline? I know it'll be loud, but I just want to know how ya'll liked it?

EDIT: I just re-read the entire thing. Forevrbumpn said putting more than RMS to a sub could damage the sub. I don't want to do that. Oh well, I don't mind giving up too much power. Thanks for the info though.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, I just figured out how to gain about 5 or so sq. inches of area. I'm getting closer. Unless anyone thinks I should just get a 10".

EDIT: I re-read the first post. Forevrbumpn, why did you use 80 sq. inches per 12"? Could I also do the same? If so, I'd have more than enough room. I was thinking I needed about 113 sq. inches in my Tline.

EDIT # 264236849: Just re-read again. I keep missing cr@p. Anyway, all of my questions are now answered. I'm ready to get some wood and get building. Then, I'll need to find a good amp and order my sub. That'll be a while, but I'll get on it ASAP.

Thanks for the Tutorial Forevrbumpn. It helped me a lot.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

this is a t-line I just worked up for an MTX 5508-04. Its gonna be 39.201 Hz Line length is 86.5" Fs is 40.52Hz, recamended tuning is 38Hz. so I figured 39.26Hz would work great.

can somebody check my math and see if I got this all right? iIf you can't see it that well I'm sorry, ask whaever you need to, I will let you know, Thanks, I hope Foreverbumpin will see this. Also the reason it is the way it is, is I needed it to be between the shocktowers, and this is the only way I could think to get the port and driver on the face of the box. Thanks

paint5508-04.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, freaking awesome post :) I'm gonna try this on one of my 12"in kicker Comps.

Qts is a lil high (.47ish) but Qms is like 11.something :) so it might work I think. And I'm gonna try it at its fs of 25.8hz.

with these specifications I came up with a box that is 3 (2/3)ft x 1.5ft x 1 (1/6)ft... it has two turn arounds in it. Do you guys think this will work? (I run no bass boost, I hate distortion)

here is my design sheet:

img003.jpg

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

I must say, freaking awesome post :) I'm gonna try this on one of my 12"in kicker Comps.

Qts is a lil high (.47ish) but Qms is like 11.something :) so it might work I think. And I'm gonna try it at its fs of 25.8hz.

with these specifications I came up with a box that is 3 (2/3)ft x 1.5ft x 1 (1/6)ft... it has two turn arounds in it. Do you guys think this will work? (I run no bass boost, I hate distortion)

here is my design sheet:

good luck, srsly, it will bang, made one for a kicker comp 8, and it sounds like maybe a 12. output is just so amazing in tlines....

but i noticed mines sounds so much louder and deeper close or DIRECTLY on the floor. idk if that helps u at all.

and for your first tline, i would personally recommend OSB, dont go blow $30 on mdf to not like the sound of it. just IMO tho.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

good luck, srsly, it will bang, made one for a kicker comp 8, and it sounds like maybe a 12. output is just so amazing in tlines....

but i noticed mines sounds so much louder and deeper close or DIRECTLY on the floor. idk if that helps u at all.

and for your first tline, i would personally recommend OSB, dont go blow $30 on mdf to not like the sound of it. just IMO tho.

thanks bro :) [my 2nd post now btw]. I hope it pounds. cause I already have two kicker C12's in a sealed enclosure and it pounds with like 200rms to each sub. broke my third taillight and my antenna fell off and such.

I'm excited to see what a tline will do to my car O_o hehehe

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O