Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

what woofer are you using?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe that is why

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Here are my results

the sub and box

PC030266.jpg

PC030267.jpg

PC030268.jpg

PC030269.jpg

First impedence plot of the unstuffed line

daytonimpplotunstuffed.jpg

Second Impedence plot of the stuffed line

daytonimpplotstuffed1.jpg

PC030270.jpg

Third Impedence plot of denser stuffing

daytonimpplotstuffed2.jpg

and an spl graph.

the two stuffed lines are more choppy, but look a little flatter

daytonsplresponsechart.jpg

here is a better representation, the actual points are replaces with trendlines

daytonsplresponsechart2.jpg

is the second one Tru audio?

sundown.jpg

is the second one Tru audio?

?

the imp plots are from a dayton wt3 woofer tester

there graphs are from Excel. I used a termlab to meter at all frequencies from 26 to 80 hz for all 3 tests. then put the results in excel.

oh, ok, I didnt know you had a term lab, yeah I have a WT3 tester to, I recognized that one

sundown.jpg

ok i was wondering if im geting this right. idt i am so im just going to ask. ok i have a blow through of 2 18's and i was wondering how exactly i would be able to have the subs faceing the cab, weather inverted or not, and have the port into the cab but i want to to be tuned to 32-35hz. i have a stepside 6ft bed so the max wide i can get is 48.5 because i want room to put the box in. and a max of i think 20. the subs i have are DC lvl4xl 18's and im not sure what specs are needed.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

more than likely better off doing a tapered line, or a horn

I prefer the flared tline or horn style over the tapered tline myself, and is pretty flexible with most subwoofers

I am looking to rebuild my RE HC's and I want to build this enclosure but I am uncertain whether or not to do 10's or 12"s.

What size enclosure would I be looking at for either one?

Archived