Sonic Electronix

98 Eclipse GSX audio advice needed

Hello everyone!

I am new to the site, also new to car audio.

Well I am here looking for advice. Hopefully you guys can help me out so I can get this going.

Here is what I currently have.

Red Top Optima Battery

Deck (Pioneer DEH-6300UB)
Front Door speakers (RockFord Prime Full Range 6.5" 4ohm 3-way) 40watts RMS 80watts Peak
Rear Speakers (Rockford Prime 6x9" 4ohm 3-way) 60watts RMS 120 watts Peak

What I am looking to do:

I plan on using my Nexus 7 tablet as a headunit that connects up to my Deck (Pioneer DEH-6300UB).

Anyways I need to upgrade my sound system.

What I have been looking at to power my current speakers

AMP Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 300W Prime Series 4-Channel Amplifier

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19566_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R300-4.html?utm%C2%BFsource=google&utm%C2%BFmedium=paid%C2%BFsearch&utm%C2%BFcampaign=paid%C2%BFsearch%C2%BFgoogle%C2%BFpla&scid=scplp3601030&gclid=CM6Ju8KUy7wCFUiGfgodaRAA9A

What I dont know is what ohm do I wire it too.

Also my deck only has 2 RCA outs and that amp is 4channel to power my front speakers and rear speakers.

I plan on having 1 sub and 1 more amp to power that sub. So can I use a splitter so I can use a 4channel amp and another amp?

Here is the Y splitter http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS1F2M

My car is 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX that came with Infinity Sound System. (stock headunit and amp have been removed).

If you think I should replace something or have suggestions let me know. I am totally open to ideas.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the reply!

I have searched around on the net and seems that this will work to use a Y I just loose the ability to fade front to rear.

Also I will only need 2 because I will be using 1 Y for power both Left speakers(front and rear) and 1 Y for both Right Speakers (Front and Rear).

That leaves 1 RCA out for the amp that powers the sub.

At least I hope my logic is right. If all fails, ill just power rear speakers fron head unit and front speakers from amp. And in the future I can get a better head unit.

Any info on my other question for how to wire it up for the correct ohms.

Thanks again!

so you have 2 sets of rca's then yes you will need only 2 but if you only have 1 set then you will need 4 .. ohm wise just hook 1 speaker to each teminal if you want to save money just buy a 2 channel and just power the fronts with an amp and the rears with deck power...

Archived