Second Skin Audio

Fi BL 18 box design

RomanZ

I am planning on putting a Fi bl 18 into my Jeep. After downloading and playing around with Torres box calculator I think I have come up with a pretty decent box design I would just like to get some feedback from you guys. Recommended ported box size from Fi's website is 5-8cuft. I was planning on my net volume around 5.5cuft and tuned to 35 hz as you can see. I listen to hip-hop and rap. Also considering it is in a 2 door Jeep Wrangler how should I position the sub and port for best spl results?

Boxforbl181_zpsb6a796c1.png

More port

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

i would tune that Bitch to like 28hz but i love the lows! cant stand spl just sounds bad to me. i have 2 12s last box was 38hz hated it this box is almost twice the size and 30hz i love it! all my music sounds amazing dubstep to acdc just beautiful! but if you like not hearing all of the lows that's your choice. i know the box is huge and won't have a steep roll off but still i like hearing all my music. actually i lied if i had a 18 id prolly tune it at 20hz

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

If you're looking for spl give it about 15+ cubic feet per foot and tune it to about 40/45. And face the port back.

15 cubic inch per cubic foot of port do you mean?

Or 15 cubic feet total?

Thanks

Archived