Second Skin Audio

kicker comp 10 band pass

MACnonsence6

ok guys so i recently traded my jlw713 for a ton of woofers of the lot i have some cheap kicker 10 comps from walmart and 1 12 same series. now one of the 10s has a crack on the dustcap nothing that will effect how it sounds but from a re sale stand point itll effect what i make. thats why im opting to do a bandpass.

my goal is to try and sell these for 150. in an enclosure. maybe slightly more depending on buyer and other factors but this is what ive come up with for a band pass enclosure in a push pull configuration.

looking for other thoughts or opinions on how to turn a quick buck on these. i was gonna ask half new on the one thats fine and 25 for the other one but i figure if i can build a box kinda sorta hide the imperfection.

2a4wydl.png

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i dont see how it would be cheating it would still be within reasonable asking price 50 for the ok one 25 for the one with the crack in the dustcap purley something cosmetic that you wouldnt even see in a bandpass for 150-200 i dont consider that cheating. if a coil was bad or a whole in the surround or something that would effect how it sounds ok that would be cheating but in this case ill have to disagree as well i would tell the individual

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

You can ask double the retail price if you like... no one has to buy it. But if you hide the damage and don't disclose it to the buyer, you're being dishonest.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I think hiding the flaw is dishonest and I'm not a fan of it. Damage is damage. Be honest, would you mention the dust cap crack to your buyer?

Edit- I did notice that you said you'd obviously tell the buyer. As long as THAT happened, no big deal.

At the same time though, since you're planning on being honest with the buyer, they should have the right to SEE the equipment in its current condition rather than just hearing from you that it's slightly damaged. That would be the proper approach. Whether it be pictures you took before the install, or you installing the Sub with them present.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i have pics currently and as of yet there is no buyer im trying to get an idea from modeling programs what would be the best case box for the pair that way i can hit my 150-200 mark and have that be a good price. i opted for a bandpass because it does indeed hide damage thus a buyer is less likey to care about the actual small imperfection its self. i had planned to disclose that information to a would be buyer on the premise that they listen to it first. heres a pic of said cone.

153tc42.jpg

the reason being with an add on cl or facebook people are going to be skeptical of such a thing off the bat or try to get a much much lower price then what i would be asking i feel as though if they hear it in person then be told about the cone i have a better chance of selling it for the price id like.

what is a better program for modeling then bassbox pro 6 i dont feel like its very accurate with its suggestions

I feel like that is getting them to your location, or a location you choose to meet, on false pretenses. I get where you're coming from, but it's still a trick. Your trucking then into coming and listening to something they may not otherwise but, since its damaged.

I get what you're saying, if they know it's damaged, they're going to try to haggle with you for a much lower price. But as a buyer, you have to take into consideration, how would you feel if you showed up to listen to something you were interested in buying, only to find out that the seller was trying to get you to listen to it with the damage. Not only that, the seller went to the trouble to make an enclosure SPECIFICALLY to hide the damage. I get the reason for burying the damage so it can't be seen, to hide the ugliness in the potential buyer's install.

I wouldn't choose to sell the Sub at all in a box, only as a cosmetically damaged one and fight with a potential buyer over the fact that it is only a small cosmetic flaw, not a mechanical one. That would be MY approach though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

think i should just build a good box for the good 10 and 12 seperatly and sell the damaged one as such. your right though id be upset

Archived