Kyle Morgan Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 Looking to redesign and try aeroports. Hoping to run 1500-2000 rms. I currently have a slot ported box that's 2.5 cubes. Size isn't really a concern. Any help designing a box would be great. I'm just not to sure how big or how much port. Thanks
Joe X Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 What's your port area and tuning, and it would help to state what you are not liking.
Kyle Morgan Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 When I was looking up different designs I decided to try this one out. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168456-sq-hdc3-12-box-design-help/ I would like to hear the difference between what I have now and an aeroport style. Tuning is 36hz. I mostly listen to rock/rap/hardcore/electronic. Well basically anything haha
Joe X Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 As far as port area goes you would need a 6" port, 19" long (center line length) for 2.5 net, the round port needs to be flared both sides if it's going to make any difference otherwise you could even have a performance loss, if you want sub and port in the same face get a slow turn elbow and keep the inner end of the port away from the sub as possible.
Kyle Morgan Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Should I make the box bigger, smaller or keep it 2.5. Any chance you could get me a box design
Joe X Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 Updated, dual layer baffle, port firing sideways, place a top to bottom cross brace centered, again don't think will outperform the slotted version, it needs 6" of free airspace in front of the port.
Kyle Morgan Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Yea it's in the trunk as is already. I would like to port sideways I have a good amount of room to work with I can get the dimensions what I have to work with. I would of done this myself but I can't on the phone. Thanks for the help though
Kyle Morgan Posted February 17, 2014 Author Report Posted February 17, 2014 Thanks Joe. It was a bunch of help
Kyle Morgan Posted February 17, 2014 Author Report Posted February 17, 2014 Idk it's in the slot port box now and it just won't handle 1500 rms. I get some bottoming out. To sharp of hits but well see what changes.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.