Jump to content
DC Sound Lab

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have been messing around with Torres and the numbers just dont make sense to me. I am doing a box that is 17" tall x 40" wide x 12" deep. When using Torres if I make a port that is 15.5 tall x 2" wide x 20" long i get a tuning of around 35. To me it would be logical that if i take 2'' off the length and add it to the width, you still have the same volume so it would be the same tuning, however Torres tells me that the new tuning would be 52.33...... I dont understand this, is it just a flaw in the program or am I wrong in all of this. Also what is a good frequency to tune the box to for a daily ground pounder that may compete every once in a while. and if anyone wants to help me with some port dimensions for the box that would be awesome.

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Posted (edited)

Taking away from the length of a port and adding more port area to a port will make your tuning higher. 35-38 is a good range to go with.

Edited by BLuejoules

7e770874-fae3-49d5-ad82-4cabf106fead_zps d3abdb88-50bf-42d8-9628-e257559ec11d_zps

IG: devinthydude

Posted

I wouldnt worry so much about the size of the port as long as the port area(about 15in2 per ft3) is there.

The only other way to make it not be as skinny would be to shorten it, but then to do that, you may run into some dead spots in the box. You want a nice smooth airflow out of the box.

Posted

Ok so lets see if i got this right. If the box is 3.25 ft3 that means i would need 48,75 in2 of port volume. Using a 6" aero it would need to be 7.76" long. So if I made the port 7 3/4" long I should be good. Now is the length of an aero calculated from end to end of the flares?

Mysignature_zpsc870b869.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1620 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...