Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

So, spend all your money on subs and amp, dont buy electrical to support it. Sound about right. You are justifying and bad decision with another bad decision.

So not playing above 40Hz is a bad decision? That is pretty opinionated. Also not being able to afford the electrical to support the system yet is a possibility, do you think everyone buys every single thing for an audio system, gets it all the same day, and puts it all in the day day? This shit is expensive, one day at a time.

I didnt say anything about that. Jeezus man. I said Spending all your money on subs and an amp with no electrical was a bad decision. Fuck this, im out of here. You are way to defensive and way to sensitive.

What the hell is your deal

lol aparently a few people have the same deal

Sooo...I'm pretty sure no one is saying it's an issue with the wiring anymore lol

Move on bro...you have no problem with your setup, 17 pages to solve a problem that doesn't exist. You didn't know enough about subwoofers to realize the suspension will loosen if played and now you do. Lesson learned from the unhelpful Americans.

Team NorthWestSPL

So you bought your equipment over a year and

it collected dust

I did not want mine to collect dust because I wanted to play them like a true basshead, So I hooked them up to my 500 watt alpine mono for a bit swapping drivers half way through roughly before selling amp, then got my 2000watt amo so I built the box and put it all in my car, SO now I can listen to my subs and enjoy it instead of looking at them and being sad. And when I get the electrical to back it up, Ill pound them at full tilt.

let me explain something here...

op got annoyed, took a jab at people. people got offensive and jabbed back. issue with the system still going on. more jabs back and forth. then more. still an issue with the sub. more jabs.

now ignore all that and go back to the issue

checked wiring (subs must have been out) multiple times and it was wired as you wanted it. a suggestion to try different wiring was made. why? because maybe just maybe for some reason the amp or subs were not agreeing with the wiring. out of the multiple times you checked wiring (subs had to be out for that) you didn't once mention anything about trying to wire it differently. why was that not mentioned? like you said your not rewiring it differently to a 4ohm load, why because you don't want to take the subs out (even though you must have had the subs out multiple times in order to check your wiring). people saw that you said you checked and it was fine but that you didn't once try a different method to wire it. so you weren't fully ruling that out so it was suggested again and again. that is called elimination of possible issues.

that where the jabs started and the help ended.

so where in all that could it have gone better? maybe by you attempting a different wiring to rule it out? maybe not taking a jab just because you were annoyed about the same advice? maybe just maybe by mentioning that yes one sub had more use then the other which would have gave the full story.

sorry but your jabs that sent the thread off track and you not giving the full story was the issue here.

i see what ur saying, but i think it was only 1 person who breafly mentioned break in , all others mentioned wiring, kinda overwhelming dont yea think?

Wow, I said they were BOTH played for a separate amount of time over the span of 2 months, I don't know how much I played each of them considering it was over the span of a long period of time and I did not get to play them oftem, maybe once every 2 weeks, So I considered it negligible but after testing everything else it seems to be the only logical option. I know subwoofers suspension will loosen up.

Sooo...I'm pretty sure no one is saying it's an issue with the wiring anymore lol

Move on bro...you have no problem with your setup, 17 pages to solve a problem that doesn't exist. You didn't know enough about subwoofers to realize the suspension will loosen if played and now you do. Lesson learned from the unhelpful Americans.

lol half those pages are just people being pissy, not even to do with the prob haha

Archived