Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

And I have not tried the advice about wiring and subwoofer placement yet because it was 10pm at night, one sub was in my car, one was in my room, and working in my car on the enclosure is a bitch so doing it at 10pm with no light, was not happening that night. And I am wiring them in series parallel so I dont have to take the drivers out of the enclosure again once I get my Singer Alt.

Well seems like around 70% of the americans I have dealt with over the internet, have been shovenistic pricks about everything and they always have to be right, no matter what the circumstances. I have dealt with a lot of nice americans though such as the customer service at Fi, Richard Techforce Services, and Singer Alternators. The bad ones I won't mention.

Your complaining on my post that I am not taking the advice given. If you know anything about wiring it does not matter what order you wire it in, take four diodes for example, put them in any order you want as long as polarity is right and they will work as intended. I did take advice given, sorry if I don't wanna change my series wiring to a different series wiring, it should not make a difference, use your head. I am upset my driver is acting like this, not that a few people are telling me to wire in series a different way.

Total Advice Taken:

- Meter the coils.

- Pop Test.

- Examine drivers to make sure polarity is the same.

- Check wiring again.

- Meter total load after wiring.

This is axactly why people hate internet audio people, and Americans.

:ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Well seems like around 70% of the americans I have dealt with over the internet, have been shovenistic pricks about everything and they always have to be right, no matter what the circumstances. I have dealt with a lot of nice americans though such as the customer service at Fi, Richard Techforce Services, and Singer Alternators. The bad ones I won't mention.

I found this pie chart that agrees with your findings

dave-o-pie-chart_zps7972a911.jpg

Your complaining on my post that I am not taking the advice given. If you know anything about wiring it does not matter what order you wire it in, take four diodes for example, put them in any order you want as long as polarity is right and they will work as intended. I did take advice given, sorry if I don't wanna change my series wiring to a different series wiring, it should not make a difference, use your head. I am upset my driver is acting like this, not that a few people are telling me to wire in series a different way.

Total Advice Taken:

- Meter the coils.

- Pop Test.

- Examine drivers to make sure polarity is the same.

- Check wiring again.

- Meter total load after wiring.

This is axactly why people hate internet audio people, and Americans.

:ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2::ban2:

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

The way you're describing the problem it definitely sounds like the subs are out of phase but if you've checked and double checked the wiring then perhaps they aren't. However, I've been in the electronics industry for 25 years and 99% of the time, when I have something that's not working like it should, it's a wiring error.

The error isn't in your drawing because you're correct... it doesn't matter where each coil is in the circuit. But, more often than not it's a wiring error and the best way to approach a puzzling problem like this is to completely disconnect everything and rewire it from scratch.

Back in 1986 my basic electronics professor (the first electronics class you take) made the pronouncement that by the time the semester was over, most of the people in the class would be sick and tired of hearing him say it was a wiring error when their projects didn't work... and he was correct. It was almost always a wiring error. Matter of fact, I don't remember even one case where a component was bad... those smoked due to wiring error notwithstanding. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Ban if you want, this forum has not helped me yet. Despite the few people here that actually give a damn and have put in thoughtful advice, not "Wire in series like this because this is how the internet tells me to do it". Also the people that want to ban me have not had any thoughtful input into the post yet.

Thank you bbeljefe, some thoughtful input, it has been awhile, that is exactly what I am going to do today considering the driver is 100% so I am going to sire in series parallel for a 1 ohm load. Then see if the problem persists, however if it does, never posting on this forum again.

Archived