Jump to content

Need some Windows XP help


Recommended Posts

Posted

i started setting up my garage/home shop before spring cleaning. I pulled out my old HP Desktop from 2001 that I use to use at my shop. I plugged it up to clear out old stuff and install new stuff that i'll be using. I tried to uninstall a program that Google Chrome put on to my computer called Outfox while downloading Google Chrome. I now have system32/taskkill that keeps regenerating. I tried to start up in safe mode to delete it but it says I can't delete in safe mode. I tried in normal start up and it just keeps regenerating. how do I isolate this thing to delete it?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

Its running multiple proccess's to recreate itself. Could possibly be attached to explorer.exe. The EASIEST way to deal with it is to reformat and re-install.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 6674 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...