Sundown Audio

Affordable " High quality" amps?

YukonDCXL

Best bang for your buck will be two Crescendo BC2000 or 2 Soundqubed 2200s preferably used to save a LOT of cash. Those would be the options I'd choose.

Stay away from half ohm on a single amp if you can, until your comfortable with your voltage and know you can do it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So instead of running 2 2K amps, which the OP has the ability to do NOW, he should buy the DC, wait awhile before he powers it up(from fear of smoking an expensive amp on sub par electrical), and just universe his electrical before having a working setup?

I would feel comfortable with more reserve to run half ohm daily. I don't suggest to people I don't know to run half ohm for daily ever. It sure would feel bad to suggest that, as you are, only to have him come back in two weeks ands be like,"hey guys, I ran at half ohm like you guys told me to and I smoked my nice DC 5K, thanks for the advice".

^^^ Just so we are clear, I didn't mean to come off as douchey. It just scares me to suggest half ohm wiring to someone over the internet if I don't know there knowledge, electrical system etc. I don't wanna ever be "that guy" who suggested something that failure.

REVISION: DC 5K, Make it a priority to upgrade electricle asap. NOTICE: this is all simple advice. you can do whatever you want to but, if infact you do play the amp with current electrical, try to keep it down as to not disturb the neighbors.

By upgrading electrical what all does that involve? right now I have 275 amp alt. big 3 done with 0g, 0g power running to back.

Archived