Used Batteries

How safe is it to buy a used car audio battery? I'm wanting to upgrade my electrical and get a second battery but don't want to sell out several hundred bucks on a new AGM. I've found a couple on craigslist for like have or 60% new, but not sure if that's something it's a good idea to buy used or if I'd be throwing money away. What's everyone's opinions?

i have bought used batteries and had no problems. maybe i have been lucky. i just bought 2 93ah batteries recently for less than $150 shipped each and they are working great

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

How safe is it to buy a used car audio battery? I'm wanting to upgrade my electrical and get a second battery but don't want to sell out several hundred bucks on a new AGM. I've found a couple on craigslist for like have or 60% new, but not sure if that's something it's a good idea to buy used or if I'd be throwing money away. What's everyone's opinions?

It depends on the resting voltage

It may be ok but like previously stated resting voltage and if its the same type of battery. I would use the same brand if possible.

05 Escape

2 Ascendant Audiio Mayhem 15s dual 1

Populus Audio 6500 (the only one around )

1/0 SHCA OFC

XS 3400 under the Hood

XS 3100s in the rear X2

Pioneer 80 Prs

Pac

Prv mids and highs

2 8s per door 1 tweet

Personally i would never buy used batteries. You have no idea how much they have been tortured.

This is also a very valid point. A battery may have good resting voltage but was beat to death and only last you a short time and you are gonna end up spending more in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

05 Escape

2 Ascendant Audiio Mayhem 15s dual 1

Populus Audio 6500 (the only one around )

1/0 SHCA OFC

XS 3400 under the Hood

XS 3100s in the rear X2

Pioneer 80 Prs

Pac

Prv mids and highs

2 8s per door 1 tweet

Archived