Kicker, Ascendant Audio Build Log Completed Pics!

Damn youve been busy and stingy (with the pics) :lol: Nice work!

Thanks! I did this work a while ago. I never was really into having a build log, but I finally decided to take the pics I have and post them up. I guess I got the urge. :)

the following week or two will be my most current work, I am trying to get ready for Spring Break Nationals. I will post some more pics up later tonight from the work I have done this past weekend.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

Okay, this will be the newest work: First onto my headunit, I wanted something unique, so I molded on the trim panel to make one full piece. I think it gives it a nice curve.

Before…

Posted Image

After…

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some more pics that I uploaded: Here I am making a new floor/base for everything. For those of you that want to learn a cool trick for making some nice lines, take a look at this. First cut out the floor as close as you can to your desired shape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see in the previous pics, I already tapted off the area in which I will add some fiberglass body filler. Now add the body filler into the seems.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let dry, and pull it out. Since the tape was there it should pull out quite easily.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Knock/sand down the fiberglass filler, so it is level with the mdf/floor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Get some carpet, adhesive, and start laying it down, put it back in the car and now you have nice lines :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was also able to get my box done this weekened. I decided to use birch plywood rather than mdf, since it is much lighter. Box will be tuned low, to around 30hz. This stuff is so much nicer to cut than mdf. Smells like real wood!! LOL!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I decided to do 45's on the inside of the box. To cut the time down to make the box, I used some molding on certain difficult to fiberglass parts. Worked out really well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I found that painting the inside of the box with resin, adds a little bit of strength. Of course it doesn't add as much as laying fiberglass mat, but I think it helps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice installs! Its looking great!

thank you very much, i really appreciate it!!

I did some more work today, after I got out of work. Gotta upload the pics, they should be on in a little bit.

Man I'm waiting for someone to say the port looks too small. Box looks great I love the birch!

port is on the smaller side, but I think it will work out okay. I've seen a decent amount of people have success with smaller ports. I guess we'll see, if there is any problems, its rebuild time :)

Archived