Brandon Schaffner Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Im trying this for the first time and wanted to see others examples of how you treat the inside of the box when a plexi window in installed. Im curious what others have done. Hers what I have so far, The plexi isn't installed but its ready to go. The inside will get primed and painted soon. Link to My current build 07 mustang / JL, Memphis Big Belle
Jessica Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Thats a huge box. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Yeah, how big is that box? Is that a 10?
Pioneerchuck Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 It's really not a big box, it cant be more than a cube or cube and a half.
Pioneerchuck Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Go through his Photobucket pics and found this, it's definitely not a big box...
Ahmed Johnson Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Ok, I see now. It's a pretty nice looking too.
Aj11 Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 dumb question, but can i get good thick plexi glass at home depot? or do i have to go some where else? and Is 1inch plexi just as strong as.1inch mdf? or what? jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Pioneerchuck Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 I had a box back in the day that I did a plexi cover on and I just routed out the edge of the plexi and installed some LED strips to kinda light up the box and then I painted the inside of the box to match the truck (silver) and it looked badass, wish I had a camera back then to take a picture of it.
Pioneerchuck Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 dumb question, but can i get good thick plexi glass at home depot? or do i have to go some where else? and Is 1inch plexi just as strong as.1inch mdf? or what? Plexi is expensive. If you're trying to build a box that requires 1" plexi you're looking at about $800 for a 4x8 sheet of the stuff...
Brandon Schaffner Posted February 21, 2014 Author Report Posted February 21, 2014 The box is 1.25 cubes its not really that big. The sub is a 10. I found the plexi here in austin at Regal plastics its is 1/2 inch 12X24 for 30 bucks not bad at all. I just googled plastic supply in my area. The plan is to light up the interior with blue LED's. Link to My current build 07 mustang / JL, Memphis Big Belle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.