Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building a box for two Digital Designs 9518i sc


AZaudio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Height 29" you should be too near the roof, subs up / port back is not going to work well, consider a wall.

Why would it not work well?

I could add more depth to work with if need be to accommodate

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Posted

Maybe you could go all the way to the back and do subs / port up (across the back) and lower the height of the box but neither this configuration has been very successful to many of those who tried in any case you would need to deaden the roof, that is a very decent deadening job, if it was me I would probably still do a wall.

Posted

My skills are not wall ready yet

Deadening wont be an issue for me, especially materials

Edit: I could get rid of the plastic cover on the hatch to add another couple of inches

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Posted

Yes walls are a lot of work no doubt, here is the alternative to subs up / port back I was talking about:

SUVSUPUfull_zps872cf4be.jpg

With the space gained you could lower the height of the box, still you would need, as said to deaden firmly the roof.

Posted

I would much rather do this design than a wall for now.

How could I come up with dimensions for the box above?

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Posted

Boxcalculations2_zpsb5684438.png

I believe this will work but I don't know what to do about port dimensions

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Posted

How can you wire two 4 Ohms subs to 2 Ohms ?

Two DVC 4 OHms subs ::::>1 or 4 Ohms on the amplifier. That's what I think.

For the box : double layer is a good idea, but you can use a lot of bracing instead : you may gain weight, and have a stronger box.

I am sorry, you are right, I meant wire to 2ohm per sub.

So looks like I will be using rods and a double baffle, thanks

2ohm per sub to a mono amp still will equal 1ohm. It's a mono amp not a 2channel

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

How can you wire two 4 Ohms subs to 2 Ohms ?

Two DVC 4 OHms subs ::::>1 or 4 Ohms on the amplifier. That's what I think.

For the box : double layer is a good idea, but you can use a lot of bracing instead : you may gain weight, and have a stronger box.

I am sorry, you are right, I meant wire to 2ohm per sub.

So looks like I will be using rods and a double baffle, thanks

2ohm per sub to a mono amp still will equal 1ohm. It's a mono amp not a 2channel

I get what you're saying. I worded it incorrectly twice. I completely understand that I will be going from a 4ohm load to a 1ohm load

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Posted

Building begins today, any input appreciated

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

IMG_0277_zps4e29dec2.jpg

IMG_0285_zps7a2bf8ea.jpg

IMG_0287_zpsd757b11c.jpg

IMG_0288_zps972986cd.jpg

[*]DC Neo 15"

[*]Digital Designs M3a

[*]Audioque Super Tweets

[*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids

[*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3

[*]XS Power D6500

[*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3290 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...