AZaudio Posted February 23, 2014 Report Posted February 23, 2014 Looking for any sort of direction for building an enclosure for these things. They are both dual 4ohm so ill wire down to 2ohm on my M3a (not a lot power I know) for a bit of a break in. Then, ill go down to 1 ohm until I get an M4a and more electrical upgrades. My jeep peaks at 41hz. I know I kinda over ported my 9512 and have over-excursion with Put On and a few decaf songs in 3.0cu at 32hz. I really do love the lows though! Not really interested in numbers How many cubes, 5-7? Any input for going 17" per cube of port? 30" Length X 40" Width X 30" Height is the space I have to work with [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 Thanks to Bump4life with the advice. I will be going 6.5cu each with 16" of port per cube Been playing around with Torres box calc. I am unsure if i should add one or two more extra baffles. Subs will be facing up with port facing towards hatch [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 I figure with more width id go with a middle slot port instead of a bottom one. [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 I must use the full 40" of width. With Xmax being 80mm, what's the maximum height I could go? How much space should I have between the hatch and port? Starting to question whether I have enough space after displacement. [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
notorious97200 Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 How can you wire two 4 Ohms subs to 2 Ohms ? Two DVC 4 OHms subs ::::>1 or 4 Ohms on the amplifier. That's what I think. For the box : double layer is a good idea, but you can use a lot of bracing instead : you may gain weight, and have a stronger box. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
AZaudio Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 How can you wire two 4 Ohms subs to 2 Ohms ? Two DVC 4 OHms subs ::::>1 or 4 Ohms on the amplifier. That's what I think. For the box : double layer is a good idea, but you can use a lot of bracing instead : you may gain weight, and have a stronger box. I am sorry, you are right, I meant wire to 2ohm per sub. So looks like I will be using rods and a double baffle, thanks [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 26, 2014 Author Report Posted February 26, 2014 I made more definitive measurements of what I have to work with which came out to: 33" length, 40.5" width, 31"height. Will this work? [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 My sketchup of the the Torres cutsheets look like sheit. Feel free to chime in anyone [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
AZaudio Posted February 28, 2014 Author Report Posted February 28, 2014 Gonna start building today Can someone confirm this is alright? [*]DC Neo 15" [*]Digital Designs M3a [*]Audioque Super Tweets [*]SoundQubed 6.5" Mids [*]All Knukonceptz 1/0 w/ Big 3 [*]XS Power D6500 [*]Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Joe X Posted February 28, 2014 Report Posted February 28, 2014 Height 29" you should be too near the roof, subs up / port back is not going to work well, consider a wall.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.