Jump to content

budget speakers


kidd666

Recommended Posts

Posted

im looking to upgrade my speakers in my truck. does anyone have some suggestions on what would go good with a kicker l7 15? im wanting to run 6.5 coaxal speakers. possably on an amp in a few months but for now just off the headunit

Posted

Check sonic electronix what's Ur budget?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Posted

Go components. If your budget is pretty low and you want something thats a good deal and not POS. Check out soundqubed 6.5 component set. I run two of the mids and a set of the tweets active in my truck and I like them more then some of the more expensive mids/tweets I tried before. 100$ a set.

Also if you want an amp and have a tight budget like me lol. Check out PPI Bk340.4 I use it and run tweets on rear channels and four mids on front channels. I did try them with passive xovers and it was great. Also bridged and they took 170w each side. I cross at 50hz when I have a sub, but right now I run the mids full range and love em. The BK line from PPI is a good budget amp. And I havent had a problem selling them after I moved to a different brand.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

i just bought (4) of these to replace my Skar RPX6.5s.

Waiting for them to be shipped but I've heard nothing but really good things.

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/pwx-6-5-mid-range/

pwxs are pro audio... OP you better go listen to someone elses ride with pro audio gear before you decide thats what you want to do. I had NeoPros at one point and didnt like them. I didnt really like pwxs or some other pro audio mids I have heard or tried myself.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

Op, your enclosure and quality of head unit will be a big part of the sound quality. There are numerous decent budget set up's now a days. Some have been named already. Also since your not running an amp yet, check out the kicker ks series, they get loud and sound good doing. Just figured i would throw that out there since i noticed you were running a kicker sub. But the best advice i feel, would be to listen to as many different system's (brands) as you can, then go with what sounds the most pleasing to your ears. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

truthsayer

Posted

ill look into those too. i got the sub box design from here. cant remember volume of box but its built to spec. and tuned to 35htz. subs running off of a 1500 watt audio pipe amp. i know its not the best but it works for now. and its what i had. planning on upgradeing eventually just want to get mids and hi's upgraded from stock first. i have a jvc head unit. cant remember model but got it from sonic electronics and paid 150 for it. i have big three upgrade and 0 gauge ran to amp.

Posted

you can get a set of rockfrod power series components at that price thats what i have up front in my car and i love them

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1401 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...