Sundown Audio

Looking for a new amp...

jrussell9109

What's up everyone, so I'm looking for a new amp to give me more power. My current setup is a Alpine Type R 10D2 wired to 2 ohms on a Arc Audio 600.1 running 620rms at 2 ohms. I'm looking for something around 750-850w rms because I'm not to sure about running my sub at the actual 1000w rms that the sub can handle. Any suggestions?

almost everything > hifonics.

dc would be a good choice.

if you run the woofer at 1 ohm on a dc 1.2k, the woofer wont even see 1000w anyway because of voltage drop and a shit ton of other factors.

You have a dual 2 sub correct? If that's true you can not wire to 2ohms. It's eather 1 or 4ohms I would venture to say you have been running at 1 ohm this whole time. Also the little bit of power you are looking at will not be much of a gain. To really here a difference in how loud it is you need to double power. With that being said sq 1200 and wire that bish to 1 ohm and let it wang

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

That Type R can handle more than rated...

I'd stay away from the Hifonics Zeus line. The rest are okay amps but there are a lot better for the money. For your application I'd recommend the CT Sounds 900.1 for 1Ω or the 1400.1 for 2Ω.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived