does it sound better thats way, wats the advantages and disadvantages to external vs. internal

i ask all these questions cuz i'm kinda intrigued

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

does it sound better thats way, wats the advantages and disadvantages to external vs. internal

i ask all these questions cuz i'm kinda intrigued

honestly not 100% sure...i mean if you run them externally then you are gaining that much more box volume back...plus i would think there would be less turbulance when doing them external...

this is for pretty much straight spl...just burps...i think he listens to music on it some, but the main goal is spl....and if you look at a lot of pure burp setups, you will see external ports...very frequently really...

i likes me some audio stuff...

i guess i'll just stick wit internal ports on my build once i get back from basic trainin, i just wish i could convince my friend to go ported wit his(the one im havin u design) but yea he wants sealed so he gets it

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

She looks a little cleaner now, I busted out the sander. I'm still not going to spend a bunch of time on making it pretty because scores are all that I'm concerned with. I got new blades btw, they're actually made for cutting curves lol.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

She looks a little cleaner now, I busted out the sander. I'm still not going to spend a bunch of time on making it pretty because scores are all that I'm concerned with. I got new blades btw, they're actually made for cutting curves lol.

haha....

let us (or at least me ;)) know how it does!

i likes me some audio stuff...

i would think another benefit of externals when going for pure spl is the ease of changing the tuning of the port. take it apart, cut it down, reassemble it. done.

That's one of the reasons. It's much better for spl because with internal ports when changing the tuning you change both the tuning and the volume at the same time This way, I can change the tuning in a matter of 2 minutes w/o affecting the volume of the box. I can also change the volume of the box and easily readjust tuning if I wanted to. Plus, it looks cool and is louder.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ