TortoiseShore Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Is there anything I need to keep in mind for designing a square port? I've done slots and aeros, but never a square. Don't know if they are different in port area, etc.
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Nope a square port is pretty much just like a slot port. Nothing special about them. If anything its going to be a little more efficient than a slot port of the same area. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
TortoiseShore Posted March 7, 2014 Author Report Posted March 7, 2014 Thanks, I didn't know if I needed to adjust anything differently for them. Appreciate it!
Joe X Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 If your square port is centered in a wall you need to declare 0 common walls in the calculator, due to not being slotted it will have a larger displacement. If possible I would go with aeros instead of this, top efficiency and no wood displacement.
Aj11 Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 hey Joe, what Size aero would be good for 2 15s in about 7cubes?.looking for diameter. i heard that it should be 80% the Size of the subs but that seems like allot jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.