jdshott Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 I have wanted to run 4 mtx 7515-04 aluminum faced subs . I had 2 in a MEGA PROBOX and could FLEXX. What I have now is 4 jbl GT5-15s and 4 of them cant compare. Because I cannot find the MTX 7515-04 subs im looking for suggestions on comparable SUBS . 400-800 watts 15" single 4 ohm Must sound and move as much or more AIR !!!!! THIS IS NOT a V.s POST. . IM just looking for input on what subs might be used to match quality and sound . Old setup was 2 MTX 7515-04 in a mega probox matched with a MTX 7801 Amp in a suburban with 3rd row in place. ANY Help ? No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement ) A SQ head unit 6 5.25 2 X 6x9s 7804 P400.4 4001D 1 34s (Maybe time to change brand) 4 X 15" s !/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring :morepower1: :morepower1: ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.
Joe X Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 4 15s behind a 3rd row seat? in prefab boxes? it doesn't look like any subs will perform too nice setup like that. Anyways to answer the question, the following subs would very easily outperform both on SQ and output your old MTX subs and the price for two of these is less than the 4 JBLs you have now: http://store.ficaraudio.com/x15/
gr8handogoatness Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 Try to build a better box before you go spend a ton of money. I had 3 mtx 10s in a prefab back in the day and they would pound. Now I have two lesser 10s in a real box and it puts those mtx to shame. Build a good box for the jbls and see if you still want to change. Be cheaper and will give you some building experience for if you get those Fi's. I'll tell you right now that you better not buy good subs and disgrace them with a prefab. Joe x does a good job of designing boxes. If you're real good and ask him nicely I bet he will help you out. Even crap subs can sound good in the right box. The subs you have now aren't bad so a good box will let them shine.
jdshott Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 Check My Post like I said I HAD 2 15" Mtx Subs in a MEGA Box and they slammed HAARRRDDD. I no longer have a prefab box . I now have a custom 4 15" with 4 4" round ports . Also im looking for single VC so I can load 1 Ohm @ the subs amp. No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement ) A SQ head unit 6 5.25 2 X 6x9s 7804 P400.4 4001D 1 34s (Maybe time to change brand) 4 X 15" s !/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring :morepower1: :morepower1: ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.
hammiethebasshead Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 if you get 4 dual 2 ohm they can be wired to a final load of 1 ohm. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
jdshott Posted March 9, 2014 Author Report Posted March 9, 2014 Some how I figured this was going to be my only route No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement ) A SQ head unit 6 5.25 2 X 6x9s 7804 P400.4 4001D 1 34s (Maybe time to change brand) 4 X 15" s !/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring :morepower1: :morepower1: ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.
Joe X Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 Behind a 3rd row seat I don't think you can fit properly 4 15s, the box would need to be like 14 cubic feet after all displacements.
gr8handogoatness Posted March 9, 2014 Report Posted March 9, 2014 There are a few single coil subs around. Audio Systems (I think is the brand) has some beefy single coil woofers. I would bet a couple of those would slam pretty good. But like Joe said, 4 behind the third row is gonna be difficult to do right. Anyway as far as single coil subs Audio Systems are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. (now I'm doubting myself on the name) showtimecaraudio carrys them. Big yellow woofers.
jdshott Posted April 21, 2014 Author Report Posted April 21, 2014 Behind a 3rd row seat I don't think you can fit properly 4 15s, the box would need to be like 14 cubic feet after all displacements. Any help on box design Anyone ? No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement ) A SQ head unit 6 5.25 2 X 6x9s 7804 P400.4 4001D 1 34s (Maybe time to change brand) 4 X 15" s !/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring :morepower1: :morepower1: ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.
gr8handogoatness Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 Bro I thought you had a box Check My Post like I said I HAD 2 15" Mtx Subs in a MEGA Box and they slammed HAARRRDDD. I no longer have a prefab box . I now have a custom 4 15" with 4 4" round ports . Also im looking for single VC so I can load 1 Ohm @ the subs amp. If you need a new box then I maintain that you don't have enough for all 4 15s unless you are looking to go really tall then you might as well make a wall, then you might have enough room. You might need to get fewer subs, or smaller ones. If you are meaning a new box for 2 subs then thatss a different story. Hit up JoeX and see what he can do.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.